diy solar

diy solar

SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER WONT START UP RED LIGHT ON BOARD

Lighthouse Beacon

Following the Light
Guys,
I went to power up my Sungold 10k inverter SPH10K48SP and it doesn’t do anything. It worked great for about 2 weeks and now I only see red light on board.

What has happened?B1DC151B-0592-472B-9EE0-70CA31A33D30.jpeg16AC0994-82AE-402B-AE90-F8DEC7498F08.jpeg

Anything on the display?

Check your battery voltage.

I'd start by shutting the beast down again, waiting a bit, then re-start with just the batteries connected.
He did all of that and it didn't help. He has emails sent to sungold now and is waiting on a response.

Damn! So Sorry to hear this. It's a scenario I've imagined/feared since I got mine up and running. Hope they can replace it or get it going for you!

That's great.

Unfortunately, not being psychic, I didn't know this.

I hope he gets a good response from the manufacturer.
I had talked to him on the phone earlier is the only reason I knew about it.

Wel crap dude. Keep us posted if u find the issue. Sorry to hear. Man.
Anything related to your batteries? I thought remember you were having some charging issues initially?

Yeah no combination of input changing yields any type of result other than a red light on this board.

What board is this, it’s in the center mounted at 90 degree angle. Is this the main control board?

8F37786A-EF4F-4ACC-8CF0-F0A7A4946305.jpegFD2C4976-B6E2-45E1-BC45-DC585484E365.jpeg6107BC50-FAF9-447E-8D0F-6DBE0EC85311.jpegB56E479E-A428-4FD5-BC7D-9DE5226478CA.jpeg

This is how mine is layed out on my tp6048 which of course is different but I think its similar control wise.

This first shot is inside the unit itself. The yellow circled board is part 1 of the controller board.

inside-circled controller board.jpg

This zoomed in shot of that circled board has a silver plug on the bottom side which is where the cable plugs in that goes to the display itself.

zoomedincontrolboardmain.jpg

This next shot if of the board that's inside the display itself. This is the controller board I fried on mine.

displaycontroller.jpg

My guess is that card that has the red light on it is the equivalent of the yellow circled board and the above board that was in the display combined. So if they send that mini board that has the red light on it you should be back in business.

This is how mine is layed out on my tp6048 which of course is different but I think its similar control wise.

This first shot is inside the unit itself. The yellow circled board is part 1 of the controller board.

View attachment 178502

This zoomed in shot of that circled board has a silver plug on the bottom side which is where the cable plugs in that goes to the display itself.

View attachment 178503

This next shot if of the board that's inside the display itself. This is the controller board I fried on mine.

View attachment 178504

My guess is that card that has the red light on it is the equivalent of the yellow circled board and the above board that was in the display combined. So if they send that mini board that has the red light on it you should be back in business.
Thanks for all your help on this Kenny. You’ve eased my mind abit about Sungold not leaving me hanging. I hope they’re able to help me resolve. I will tell you one thing though… based on whatever it is tjay causes this… these boards are a lot more delicate than I thought they’d be

Jumping from the other thread.

Yeah I’ve covered most of those things

She’s done for. Hoping SGP offers some sort of help.

Extremely disapponting

I’m tracking the issue here
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/s...erter-wont-start-up-red-light-on-board.72937/
Sorry your having issues.
Did you have anything abnormal happening before you powered down? I'm assuming there were no major loads on it during shutdown and startup?
Has SGP gotten back to you yet? You could reach out to SRNE directly. I'll check my manual when I get home to see if there is anything different that may help.

Thanks for all your help on this Kenny. You’ve eased my mind abit about Sungold not leaving me hanging. I hope they’re able to help me resolve. I will tell you one thing though… based on whatever it is tjay causes this… these boards are a lot more delicate than I thought they’d be
Yeah, sorry about this and a bit scary to me but mine is working fine at this point with only minor issues .. (the diff in the PV/Load/Battery power stuff which may still resolve if I get a couple of cycles on these batteries) and of course the shit wifi....oh and the continued disconnecting from the SA/Raspberry Pi to the batteries...dunno about that one but have gone back to just "Inverter Values" and will just use it when/if I want to check the details...

I'm actually considering ordering another battery during the black friday sale....

Hope they get things resolved quickly for you!!

P.S. my usb-> battery cable from Sungold is supposed out for delivery by USPS today... Will let you know about that but I do expect it will work!

I think you ment thanks @Crowz :)

Do you want me to pull the cover off mine and see if it has a red light in the same place. Could be it's 'normal.'

Last edited:
I'm betting you already saw this.
Is it possible the rocker switch got disconnected?
I find it odd the red light is in on but there is no display, that means it's getting some sort of power.
Did you meter for power after the fuse on the battery input? AC inputs have power?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231118-115533.jpg
    Screenshot_20231118-115533.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 11
I find it odd the red light is in on but there is no display, that means it's getting some sort of power.
Did you meter for power after the fuse on the battery input? AC inputs have power?
It’s connected. I shut down how I have in the past. Ive only turned machine off maybe 3 times

Turned off load devices
Turned off inverter load output breaker
Turned off PV disconnect
Turned off rocket switch on inverter
Pressed power off button on batts
Flipped off input breaker on side of inverter
(System went completely off)
Flipped main panel inverter breaker off

Let sit 30 minutes

(I am not sure if the pi was powered on and connected to it, could I have backfed usb power)

Turned on panel breaker
Turned on inverter breaker
Turned on rocker switch
Turned on battery buttom
Turned on PV

System dead no activity red light on board
?

I think you ment thanks @Crowz :)

Do you want me to pull the cover off mine and see if it has a red light in the same place. Could be it's 'normal.'
If you wanted too it would be good to know. I think your center board will have a green light on it.

Yes put tester on my inputs it’s being fed power on ac and in dc mode, tried booting up ac only and with dc only. Same Red light. I don’t see any fused
Linkages, nothing obvious

Cindy at SG followed up just now. I appreciate that she did follow on a Saturday and did say sorry for inconvenience better than silence I guess. I know signature Solar use to take 2-5 days to respond. Maybe SG will help me resurrect her 5D813C80-9D4A-4D7B-992D-1FC8203A9383.jpeg

Yes put tester on my inputs it’s being fed power on ac and in dc mode, tried booting up ac only and with dc only. Same Red light. I don’t see any fused
Linkages, nothing obvious
Fuse is on the positive battery terminal underneath what looks like a current meter, at least I'm thinking it's the fuse.
The red light your seeing is in the same spot as my photo attached?
Your sure the rocker switch isn't disconnected?

Attachments

• IMG_20231118_124805.jpg
    IMG_20231118_124805.jpg
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20231118_124602.jpg
    IMG_20231118_124602.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Back