diy solar

diy solar

SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER WONT START UP RED LIGHT ON BOARD

Yeah....Renogy seems kinda slow through Amazon, but they are accurate...deliveries have been right on schedule and I'm happy with the product despite the weight and size/awkwardness to move etc.
Kind of easy to be dead on time since they send a delivery crew on panel orders.

Was nice having them tote them to the backyard where I needed them :)

Kind of easy to be dead on time since they send a delivery crew on panel orders.

Was nice having them tote them to the backyard where I needed them :)
Well, so far this has just been one guy in a truck (2 panels first time, 4 panels second time, and 2 panels this time)...they are heavy though and was glad to get him to slid them into my garage. :)

Well, so far this has just been one guy in a truck (2 panels first time, 4 panels second time, and 2 panels this time)...they are heavy though and was glad to get him to slid them into my garage. :)
This was a freight like truck. Not a semi but much larger than a ups or fedex truck.
Two man team running it.

Hey @Lighthouse Beacon How's Cindy Lou Who and the Elves doing with your return/replacement?

P.S. I'm still happy with my inverter and the batteries are seeming to smooth out...still a bit unsure about this one battery that keeps lagging the others by 5% or so... haven't been able to get a 'Full' charge into it but it's way closer/more stable etc than when things wth a few days ago.

Hey @Lighthouse Beacon How's Cindy Lou Who and the Elves doing with your return/replacement?

P.S. I'm still happy with my inverter and the batteries are seeming to smooth out...still a bit unsure about this one battery that keeps lagging the others by 5% or so... haven't been able to get a 'Full' charge into it but it's way closer/more stable etc than when things wth a few days ago.
Sounds great buddy. I’ve got confidence in your system. I have the feeling my next system is going to work much better. That one I got seemed alittle suspect from day one.

I am going to message her again on the 16th and tell her to provide tracking number of my replacement system and hopefully she dispatches me an inverter on the 18th like she said she could.

Once I get the inverter operational I will contact bank that dispute is resolved.

That’s my plan now

I was just notified that a tracking number has been created for a replacement inverter. Item is awaiting pickup by FedEx. I also received an alert from Visa that the provisional credit applied to my card has been REVOKED. I assume SG notified Visa that they have sent a replacement.

We’ll see when and what I get in the box..

I was just notified that a tracking number has been created for a replacement inverter. Item is awaiting pickup by FedEx. I also received an alert from Visa that the provisional credit applied to my card has been REVOKED. I assume SG notified Visa that they have sent a replacement.

We’ll see when and what I get in the box..
Interesting...about the Visa REVOKED....Good Luck! I just got notice that my two additional solar panels have shipped.... Revenuers (i.e. city code enforcement) will probably be knocking on my door at any moment. :)

Interesting...about the Visa REVOKED....Good Luck! I just got notice that my two additional solar panels have shipped.... Revenuers (i.e. city code enforcement) will probably be knocking on my door at any moment. :)
Don’t say that! They could light me up too. I’m all under the radar at this point. Like a real patriot! LmAO

Don’t say that! They could light me up too. I’m all under the radar at this point. Like a real patriot! LmAO
Ha! yeah..these (last?) two will bring me up to 4.4 Kw PV which really should cover most of my needs. And after they get the IRA/HEERA process in place next year I'll probably look at going legal and at least getting my breaker box and transfer switch(es) up to code etc... I need to put a roof on before I try to mount panels but could just stick to ground mount in any case but would still need some work to get it up to snuff and code compliant...

Ha! yeah..these (last?) two will bring me up to 4.4 Kw PV which really should cover most of my needs. And after they get the IRA/HEERA process in place next year I'll probably look at going legal and at least getting my breaker box and transfer switch(es) up to code etc... I need to put a roof on before I try to mount panels but could just stick to ground mount in any case but would still need some work to get it up to snuff and code compliant...
Yes I’ve tried to build to code (mostly) problem with pulling permits here is a lot of times it leads to needing other permits when the inspector is on-site. I’ve got other unpermitted work on my property and don’t want a “snow ball” effect, which happened to my neighbor when he pulled an electrical permit and inspector noticed new plumbing fixtures and made him go after plumbing permits later, Florida is crazy about permits and inspection here tho

Yes I’ve tried to build to code (mostly) problem with pulling permits here is a lot of times it leads to needing other permits when the inspector is on-site. I’ve got other unpermitted work on my property and don’t want a “snow ball” effect, which happened to my neighbor when he pulled an electrical permit and inspector noticed new plumbing fixtures and made him go after plumbing permits later, Florida is crazy about permits and inspection here tho
Yeah...that's exactly what I'm concerned about.....been here 20 years and haven't had to deal with permits/inspectors yet...don't really want to. We'll see. :)

Back