Hey @42OhmsPA,
So I've got a quote for:

Ellia Yang2023-11-29 06:16

Okay, 1 unit of ASF48100U200-H: 930usd

Ellia Yang2023-11-29 06:17

Shipping cost to US: 270usd

So that puts me at $1200 even for:

SRNE ASF Series 48V 10KW 120v/240v Split phase solar off-grid hybrid inverter​

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SRNE-ASF-Series-48V-10KW-120v_1600578176188.html

That's the correct unit right?

What happens next. I tell her deal and I can pay with credit card and she mails it?
How long does it take a unit like this to come from China to door?

I am seriously considering this route. I could buy two and have a cost savings of over $700 going direct from SRNE....

Thank you for your guidance
Wow that price has came down. (I must hold back from ordering another ?).
That is the correct unit.
Just make sure the shipping is DDP terms.
Ask for a formal quote if you didn't get one already (it will be a PDF in alibaba iirc) review the quote to make sure everything checks out, then you pay.
I want to say it delivered in under 7 business days, definitely under 2 weeks.

Glad I can help.

Attachments

• IMG_20230822_163559.jpg
    IMG_20230822_163559.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 8
Interesting comment:

I just received this from EG4/Signature Solar support:

"I'm glad to see the system is running again, although I would personally not advise using Solar-Assistant as it will burn up the communication card of EG4 inverters. It sends an additional 32V back into the port it's connected to. Also it voids the warranty of EG4 inverters since it is an unsupported configuration."

So I have to say, WHAT? How does that work? The Raspberry Pi is only 5 volts. Has anyone else been told this? I'm using the same cable that comes with the inverter, used by a Windows computer to update firmware on the inverter. Does that mean that a firmware update can damage the inverter (6000EX)? Anyone from Signature want to chime in? @BenFromSignatureSolar ?

cindy.JPG

Well I guess im awaiting Cindy's warehouse guys in CA for approval..... I mean what does she think I would do mail her a box of bricks? JEEZ
Ready to put this behind me

I just got them to cancel my battery rack order.... will do something different...
Still got one day to order another 'on sale' battery though...might still do it.... playing around with moving PV panels around the back yard....too many trees/shade/etc....

I just got them to cancel my battery rack order.... will do something different...
Still got one day to order another 'on sale' battery though...might still do it.... playing around with moving PV panels around the back yard....too many trees/shade/etc....
PV is key that’s what I’ve got to do is get a higher performing array. The solar carport is pretty but I’ve got alot of roof on the house with perfect facing… salivating at the idea of another array. Guess I need system 1 running first before I dream of system 2….

PV is key that’s what I’ve got to do is get a higher performing array. The solar carport is pretty but I’ve got alot of roof on the house with perfect facing… salivating at the idea of another array. Guess I need system 1 running first before I dream of system 2….
Nah. Dreaming and Planning and Thinking be good!

Interesting comment:
You have to read that whole thread. Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio is terrible. Maybe we should crowdfund people to write summaries and pin at the top ?

It’s a nuanced subject.

And both EG4/SS and forum folks did not communicate/document to the level necessary to appreciate that.

IIRC the comms board is not as isolated as it could be, and SA modifies some unsupported APIs or registers that were not intended for public consumption

You have to read that whole thread. Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio is terrible. Maybe we should crowdfund people to write summaries and pin at the top ?

It’s a nuanced subject.

And both EG4/SS and forum folks did not communicate/document to the level necessary to appreciate that.

IIRC the comms board is not as isolated as it could be, and SA modifies some unsupported APIs or registers that were not intended for public consumption
Well I have had disconnects/dropouts depending on what cable I used to connect and where that cable was located wrt the inverter. I'm sure it was RF generating noise and getting into the comm cable.

Have not had the disconnect issue since relocating the cables and Raspberry Pi unit.

Been seeing more of the EG4 6000XPs doing weird stuff this weekView attachment 179838

Well, I would probably look inside the unit to see if a connector got knocked loose. All the ribbon/lv cabling in my bigger unit was hot-glued, I would look for something that was not to start with, and probably try re-seating the connectors one at a time (because if it starts working I would want to know which cable is the culprit), unless you see something obvious. Back in the day, I've seen many a 24 and 40 pin connector not quite seated after shipping and arriving. Beyond that I'd go for an RMA.

No. You want DDP. They tried the DAP with my as well.
Wow! Huge Difference!

The main difference between DDP and DAP is delivery to destination and who is responsible for import duty, taxes and security clearance. Under DDP, the seller assumes the maximum responsibility in costs and risk from the beginning to the end. Under DAP, the buyer bears the costs and taxes of import clearance.

Yeah....Renogy seems kinda slow through Amazon, but they are accurate...deliveries have been right on schedule and I'm happy with the product despite the weight and size/awkwardness to move etc.
Kind of easy to be dead on time since they send a delivery crew on panel orders.

Was nice having them tote them to the backyard where I needed them :)

Kind of easy to be dead on time since they send a delivery crew on panel orders.

Was nice having them tote them to the backyard where I needed them :)
Well, so far this has just been one guy in a truck (2 panels first time, 4 panels second time, and 2 panels this time)...they are heavy though and was glad to get him to slid them into my garage. :)

Well, so far this has just been one guy in a truck (2 panels first time, 4 panels second time, and 2 panels this time)...they are heavy though and was glad to get him to slid them into my garage. :)
This was a freight like truck. Not a semi but much larger than a ups or fedex truck.
Two man team running it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back