diy solar

diy solar

Sungold wiring help please

Good morning happy Ester, check my inverter last night was working fine again this morning about 10 am everything fine just checked it at 12:00pm now I have 03 faults error again and running on utility. The second and third picture they keep changing code not sure if is because of the 03 fault code.Only way to get error out is to shut everything off and turn it back on any suggestions.
Setting 07 is battery charging current, why is it only set at 5 amps?
Have you tried running open loop and disconnecting all comms cables?

Good morning happy Ester, check my inverter last night was working fine again this morning about 10 am everything fine just checked it at 12:00pm now I have 03 faults error again and running on utility. The second and third picture they keep changing code not sure if is because of the 03 fault code.Only way to get error out is to shut everything off and turn it back on any suggestions.
Mfig do you have only one batt? @42OhmsPA it’s possible for his inverter to demand more amps than a single wall batt like this can deliver correct? If he’s been throwing a/c compresses and stuff at this thing is it possible the batteries BMS is protecting the batt at disconnecting. I remember in my notes 2 of these batts were the minimum based on what the theoretical inverter demand load could allow. How many batts do you have

Batt spec:
DE7545BD-9A88-4A25-9980-585E48059A12.png

Mfig do you have only one batt? @42OhmsPA it’s possible for his inverter to demand more amps than a single wall batt like this can deliver correct? If he’s been throwing a/c compresses and stuff at this thing is it possible the batteries BMS is protecting the batt at disconnecting. I remember in my notes 2 of these batts were the minimum based on what the theoretical inverter demand load could allow. How many batts do you have

Batt spec:
View attachment 206088
Absolutely possible and could explain why it's bypassing to grid.

Setting 07 is battery charging current, why is it only set at 5 amps?
Have you tried running open loop and disconnecting all comms cables?
I asked him earlier if he was receiving this error when he set 32 to SLa but I don’t think he followed up

If it stops the problem that means there is a comm issue, but I don’t think that is the problem. The inverter is detecting loss of voltage on the buss, I think the batts disconnecting

37667924-ECBD-47F9-8C98-16FD15BC9C36.jpegCB10F2BF-8E54-4FE4-B98A-F59FEE3300AD.jpeg

Sorry guys I am working on getting the solar assisistant.. my mother pass away this morning so iam all over the place. Lighthouse I will change the settings once I get back home and see how it does..7and 12 keeps changing , i disconnect and reconnect everything. No fault codes at the moment. I set 7 and 12 back but when I doble check it it goes back to 0 and 5.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpeg
    IMG_0515.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0516.jpeg
    IMG_0516.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 1
Thank you all from my heart and our family for all yours condolences is been well received. We are small steps to normal. I was able to order a second battery it should be here this Friday and should fix the 03 issue. I will keep you updated. Again thank you so much God Bless.

Thank you all from my heart and our family for all yours condolences is been well received. We are small steps to normal. I was able to order a second battery it should be here this Friday and should fix the 03 issue. I will keep you updated. Again thank you so much God Bless.
Yes you’re going to run much better after getting that new batt

Good afternoon everyone, battery came in today I know I have to turn pin 2 on but not sure if I have to shut off battery 1 before connecting battery 2 please any guidance thank you

Good afternoon everyone, battery came in today I know I have to turn pin 2 on but not sure if I have to shut off battery 1 before connecting battery 2 please any guidance thank you
I'm not sure what you mean by Pin 2? Do you mean Address 2 on the battery? But yes, shut everything down before connecting/disconnecting batteries.

Good afternoon everyone I finally got the battery mounted on the wall now I just got to connect it to the other battery. Do I use the cable from battery 1 port lable b to battery 2 port label b also.

Good afternoon everyone I finally got the battery mounted on the wall now I just got to connect it to the other battery. Do I use the cable from battery 1 port lable b to battery 2 port label b also.
Wiring RS485 Communication for Sungold Batteries

———————————————————

Inverter (RS485) connects to Battery #1 (RS485A)

Battery #1 (RS485C) connects to Battery#2 (RS485B)

Battery #2 (RS485C) connects to Battery#3 (RS485B)

Battery #3 (RS485C) connects to Battery#4 (RS485B)

———————————————————

Battery #1 Dip Switch Set to 1

Battery #2 Dip Switch Set to 2

Battery #3 Dip Switch Set to 3

Battery #4 Dip Switch Set to 4

8B549948-05E2-436D-B720-BB64959B6F33.jpeg

Wiring RS485 Communication for Sungold Batteries

———————————————————

Inverter (RS485) connects to Battery #1 (RS485A)

Battery #1 (RS485C) connects to Battery#2 (RS485B)

Battery #2 (RS485C) connects to Battery#3 (RS485B)

Battery #3 (RS485C) connects to Battery#4 (RS485B)

———————————————————

Battery #1 Dip Switch Set to 1

Battery #2 Dip Switch Set to 2

Battery #3 Dip Switch Set to 3

Battery #4 Dip Switch Set to 4

View attachment 211277
Hi,

Did you mean to say?

Battery #1 (RS485B) connects to Battery#2 (RS485C)

Back