diy solar

diy solar

Sungold wiring help please

Verify again that your "Master" battery address is set to 1 (one) and that you are connected to the RS485A jack on the battery. Set Menu #32 to "485" and Menu #33 to "PYL" (for pylontec). If this does not fix the 58 Error and you have swapped the cable end for end between the inverter and the "Master" battery then you can try the next step.

The Inverter BMS jack uses pins 4&5 for CAN and pins 7&8 for RS485. Pin 1 (orange/white or green/white. see below) is 5vdc and pin 2 (orange or green. see below) is ground so you do not want to use these pins.

A normal SGP inverter cable has pins 7&8 on the inverter end connected to pins 1&2 on the battery end (although pins 7&8 on both ends works)
If you have a spare CAT5 cable you can remove a portion of the outer insulation/jacket and cut all wires except the brown and brown/white twisted pair. The ends of the cable should be like the image below. You will be left with a cable where only pins 7 & 8 are connected on both ends. The picture below is a cable I modified to test with my SGP rack mounted batteries and my SGP 10kw Inverter.

In addition

RJ45_Connector_Pinout.png
Cat5_Inverter.jpg

As it should, you no longer have BMS communications. The BMS port on the inverter can now be used with an RS485 or CAN to USB converter for monitoring with a computer. For closed loop BMS to Inverter communications 32 has to be 485 or CAN. You can operate "open loop" as many on this forum do (and prefer)

In addition you can monitor your batteries with either the "Pbms Tool" or "SOK Tool" software.

You will need a serial to USB cable; I use

You can download the "SOK Tool" software from (last link on the page):
or

Hello everyone I got the communication cable to work but now I am getting a 03 fault code not sure why
BatOpen Battery disconnected alarm, that doesn’t sound accurate. What’s the state of charge of your wall battery? Is 03 alarm staying on or is it intermittent? Do you have voltage at your inverter/batt lugs when the 03 alarm goes off or is your battery disconnecting? Need more info. Have you shut everything down and powered back up? Does it still throw 03? Are you still able go carry a load?

Safe shutdown:
CB2734FD-4B2A-4A6F-B3F2-A9169667986E.jpeg

BatOpen Battery disconnected alarm, that doesn’t sound accurate. What’s the state of charge of your wall battery? Is 03 alarm staying on or is it intermittent? Do you have voltage at your inverter/batt lugs when the 03 alarm goes off or is your battery disconnecting? Need more info. Have you shut everything down and powered back up? Does it still throw 03? Are you still able go carry a load?

Safe shutdown:
View attachment 205722
Good morning Lighthouse. So battery is fully charged when the 03 code comes up even when the alarm is on the battery shows 95% it stays on till I disconnect everything and reconnected ,code went off but it stayed in utility I just checked it 10:05 am 310 volts on pv and it hase not changed to solar first still on utility. All the codes are set to yous. Thae only things on the inverter is 2 fridge ac system inverter is at 40% load

Last edited:
Have you measured the voltage at the Inverter Battery Input? If your battery is charged and connected (properly i.e. not reversed or something) an 03 error would tell me something is wrong with the inverter. Particularly if it returns after doing a full restart as @Lighthouse Beacon indicated above.

Have you measured the voltage at the Inverter Battery Input? If your battery is charged and connected (properly i.e. not reversed or something) an 03 error would tell me something is wrong with the inverter. Particularly if it returns after doing a full restart as @Lighthouse Beacon indicated above.
Good morning yes is all connected correctly I disconnected all and reconnected back this morning at10:05am I just got back home 12:43 pm and checked it it. Now it switched back to solar first no fault codes so far I will keep and eye on it and see what it does..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 2
Good morning yes is all connected correctly I disconnected all and reconnected back this morning at10:05am I just got back home 12:43 pm and checked it it. Now it switched back to solar first no fault codes so far I will keep and eye on it and see what it does..
yes

This looks correct. Just run it. The only setting I have different than you at this point is I now run parameter 03 in APL mode, I have better performance this way. Other than that you should start running correctly now

Now order your orange pi device and solar assistant and I’ll show you how to make this AIO unstoppable
😀thank you guys I really appreciate you all. Any suggestions on were to buy the pi. I saw a place somewhere it was running $180. All set up

Last edited:
Now order your orange pi device and solar assistant and I’ll show you how to make this AIO unstoppable
Good morning happy Ester, check my inverter last night was working fine again this morning about 10 am everything fine just checked it at 12:00pm now I have 03 faults error again and running on utility. The second and third picture they keep changing code not sure if is because of the 03 fault code.Only way to get error out is to shut everything off and turn it back on any suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0514.jpeg
    IMG_0514.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back