diy solar

Sungold wiring help please

Your battery settings for that LiFePo battery should be

#8 battery type - L16
for communication if not in USER mode
#32 - 485
and
#33 - PYL

That's the same battery as @Lighthouse Beacon has.
Ok thank you Kenny I will check as soon as I get home.. I will need to check my solar strings to make sure I am getting around 2.1kw per string sence they are use panel I will not get the full amount

Look at the specs for that water heater then look at what the inverter is rated for... You don't have near enough power.
It will handle a conventional hot water heater just fine.

Yes.
Ok cool thank you 420OhmsPA I always thought you check your strings without any load to see what is been Reciving. But am new to all this solar stuff an I appreciate all you guys help, patient and support

Your battery settings for that LiFePo battery should be

#8 battery type - L16
for communication if not in USER mode
#32 - 485
and
#33 - PYL

That's the same battery as @Lighthouse Beacon has.
Why is he set to Gel? No wonder the inverter thinks the battery is overcharged that pack will put out 57.6 volts cruising, is he trying to run custom settings? Just L16 it and hook up comms and forget about it.

Last edited:
Why is he set to Gel? No wonder the inverter thinks the battery is overcharged that pack will put out 57.6 volts cruising, is he trying to run custom settings? Just L16 it and hook up comms and forget about it.
Lighthouse Beacon, it came that way when I connected the system, now I am setting all the code were it supposed to be

Lighthouse Beacon, it came that way when I connected the system, now I am setting all the code were it supposed to be
Just set 08 to L16
I’ve had 0 problems with those associated values

I’d also cycle that battery a few times pretty aggressively

CB1EC41B-020E-4FEA-8FA5-A40709392679.jpeg

Menu #32 and #33 ??
He matched my settings I attached above. He should see comms establish. It’s possible he’s got one of the old cables they use to ship which will error 58 until he mods the cable, the new cables they send are correct. The new cable they ship has a label that says “inverter” on one end. We’ll see what he says I bet his error cleared

He matched my settings I attached above. He should see comms establish. It’s possible he’s got one of the old cables they use to ship which will error 58 until he mods the cable, the new cables they send are correct. The new cable they ship has a label that says “inverter” on one end. We’ll see what he says I bet his error cleared
The cable I got with my inverter was correct except the ends were not labeled. I just swapped the ends

Sorry guys it still error 58 I change ends just now cause my cable is not marked
Hope that fixes Error 58 ... my cable was unmarked as well.
Also the comm cable from inverter to batteries/battery must be connected to battery with address 1. If you've only got one battery hopefully it is set as address 1 already, but check the dip switches and set to address 1 as per the battery manual.

If you are still having error 58 you may have the wrong cable... in lieu of that you can just go with user settings as per @42OhmsPA ... That's where I'm at User mode and it's working great!

Back