diy solar

diy solar

Sungold wiring help please

WiFi datalogger plugs into the WIFI port on the Inverter.
You can also connect Solar Assistant which you might find a better choice as the Wifi Datalogger send your data to a (Chinese) website and does not provide as much useful data as Solar Assistant.

SA can monitor all your batteries with an RS232 to USB cable between the RS232 port on your Master battery and a Raspberry Pi USB Port.
You can connect another USB port on the Raspberry Pi to the Wifi Port on the Inverter (use pins 7&8 on the Wifi port which is an RS485 bus) using an RS485 to USB converter cable. Or some have used the USB Type A cable from the Inverter USB port to the Inverter
Question - Can I connect the Orange PI with the battery via CAN port on the master battery?

Just tried it but it remains in Connecting status.
Can somebody please chime in?

Attachments

• IMG_2645.jpeg
    IMG_2645.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2
The CAN/RS485 ports are used for BMS to Inverter Communications

The RS485/RS485 ports are used for battery to battery communications

The RS232 port is used by SA or PC based monitoring software.

For the SunGoldPower batteries you would want to connect SA to the RS232 port on the master battery.

In addition you can download the SOKTool.exe software from (use last link at bottom of page):

This is the cable I use

You can monitor the batteries using the RS232 cable connected to your computer or SA. When connected to the RS232 port on the "Master" battery you can monitor all batteries in your stack. You can plug into the RS232 port on any other battery to monitor just that battery.

The SOKTool software will show you a great deal of info on each battery and is good for troubleshooting any charging or other issues you might have with the batteries. In addition you will be able to get a more detailed description of any alarm conditions

Last edited:
The CAN/RS485 ports are used for BMS to Inverter Communications

The RS485/RS485 ports are used for battery to battery communications

The RS232 port is used by SA or PC based monitoring software.

For the SunGoldPower batteries you would want to connect SA to the RS232 port on the master battery.

In addition you can download the SOKTool.exe software from (use last link at bottom of page):

This is the cable I use

You can monitor the batteries using the RS232 cable connected to your computer or SA. When connected to the RS232 port on the "Master" battery you can monitor all batteries in your stack. You can plug into the RS232 port on any other battery to monitor just that battery.

The SOKTool software will show you a great deal of info on each battery and is good for troubleshooting any charging or other issues you might have with the batteries. In addition you will be able to get a more detailed description of any alarm conditions
Very detailed explanation. Thank you for that.

BTW - I was reviewing SolarAssistant website today and they are claiming that battery connection can happen via CAN (see attached).

Attachments

• IMG_2647.jpeg
    IMG_2647.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
Attached the new wire and it is recognizing only one battery aka the Master battery at address 1 and the other battery at address 2 is not displayed in Solar assistant.

Attachments

• IMG_2653.jpeg
    IMG_2653.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1
Can you view all batteries with then SOKTool software (use the same cable but disconnect from SA)

Before opening the COM port select FF for the "Pack" address. If you have all batteries RJ45 ports correctly connected between the batteries then "FF" for the Pack address will allow you to view all batteries by clicking on the battery number near the top of the display.

Good evening everyone hope everything is good with you all. My system is been working great with the two batteries but today I have fault code 59 not sure what it is no fault code 59 on the manual

Good evening everyone hope everything is good with you all. My system is been working great with the two batteries but today I have fault code 59 not sure what it is no fault code 59 on the manual
You have the 10KW iirc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240508-150231.jpg
    Screenshot_20240508-150231.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 4
Fault code 59 is a "Minor BMS Fault". If you run the IPower.exe (or iPower-nt.exe) that SunGoldPower can provide you (or you can find it elsewhere) it will display 59 as "Minor BMS Fault" at the bottom of the screen

Does anyone one uses a wind turbine to charge their batteries when their is no sun.. any recommendations

Good evening everyone today I got a fault code 59 again for about a minute, not sure if is because my battery’s got discharged here is a screen shot of the inverter.

Attachments

• IMG_0887.jpeg
    IMG_0887.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 1
Does anyone one uses a wind turbine to charge their batteries when their is no sun.. any recommendations
Hi, I’m also exploring it but most of the solutions are heavy, noisy, bulky and does not produce enough to justify the cost. I’m looking for a 48V turbine, small, silent and with decent ROI.

Back