diy solar

diy solar

Support after the Sale — Bluetti, Ecoflow, Titan

raybythelake

Like many of the folks posting here, I'm trying to decide on which solar generator to purchase. There's more than enough info here about the specs I care about. What gets fuzzy is rating what sort of response time and quality of after sale support I can expect from these different manufacturers. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency when I read through reports of folks contacting the various companies about a problem or question. It seems like many of the vendors do their best, but what about the manufacturers themselves if they need to get involved?

I appreciate hearing from customers who have had positive results or negative results. My wallet is leaning toward the best bang for the buck, but if the product quality or customer support response time sucks, it may be a case of "you get what you pay for". Thoughts?

Like many of the folks posting here, I'm trying to decide on which solar generator to purchase. There's more than enough info here about the specs I care about. What gets fuzzy is rating what sort of response time and quality of after sale support I can expect from these different manufacturers. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency when I read through reports of folks contacting the various companies about a problem or question. It seems like many of the vendors do their best, but what about the manufacturers themselves if they need to get involved?

I appreciate hearing from customers who have had positive results or negative results. My wallet is leaning toward the best bang for the buck, but if the product quality or customer support response time sucks, it may be a case of "you get what you pay for". Thoughts?

Here's what you need to keep in mind -- they could have the best customer service in the world BUT if you have to send it back to them at your expense -- YOU are paying a good chunk of change ....

Here's what i look for:

1. Is the system diagnoseable over the phone? (ie - are there codes I can read them to pinpoint the issue?)
2. Are components accessible or does all the troubleshooting and replacement need to be done back at the manufacturer?
3. Is there a local vendor that can service the equipment?
4. If it is determined that it is a bad system - WHO PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE?
5. Once it is fixed is that part or error added time-wise to the warranty??
6. IF I do have to ship it back is it to somewhere in the US or OVERSEAS???
&. I guess the most important one is HOW long is the warranty and WHAT does it cover in detail.

Thats normally some of my decision points especially if comparing 2 likely purchases ... one cheap and one a few hundred more .. in the long run it may be better to get the more expensive ...

I will tell you that most VENDORS are going to take your money BUT push any issues higher then "have you tried turning in on and off" to the manufacturer ...

Very much appreciate your thoughtful reply. Will take your recommendations to heart. On the money question, As you mentioned in your post, I too tend to assume that the lowest price is not necessarily the best deal if you consider you're more likely to get marginal support at the lower price point. Thanks again.

My experience is:

- Ecoflow
Gives you no support. I bought on Amazon a expensive weather proof foldable solar panel (85 watts). At first my old lead-acid Yeti 400 shows me an input around 70 watts. It’s a possible wattage for a 85 watt panel. After three or four month it gives only about the half of power, the Yeti shows only about 35 up to 40 watts. I got no support. Ecoflow said, Amazon is not a authorized seller. And I must hook up a Ecoflow power station to evaluate what the panel gives on power. Thats all, over and out. I have not a Ecoflow station and I beware to buy one (or something else from Ecoflow).

- Goal Zero
My Sherpa 100AC had some issues. I contacted GZ, we try to figure out what‘s going on with the Sherpa. Finally: it was out of order. The Sherpa was replaced quickly for free via the seller. At first I got a new one and then I send the old back.

My experience is:

- Ecoflow
Gives you no support. I bought on Amazon a expensive weather proof foldable solar panel (85 watts). At first my old lead-acid Yeti 400 shows me an input around 70 watts. It’s a possible wattage for a 85 watt panel. After three or four month it gives only about the half of power, the Yeti shows only about 35 up to 40 watts. I got no support. Ecoflow said, Amazon is not a authorized seller. And I must hook up a Ecoflow power station to evaluate what the panel gives on power. Thats all, over and out. I have not a Ecoflow station and I beware to buy one (or something else from Ecoflow).

- Goal Zero
My Sherpa 100AC had some issues. I contacted GZ, we try to figure out what‘s going on with the Sherpa. Finally: it was out of order. The Sherpa was replaced quickly for free via the seller. At first I got a new one and then I send the old back.

Thanks, Ely. Sorry to hear about your trouble with Ecoflow product.

- Bluetti

Not sure who is doing the Bluetti sale thing, Maxoak (importer) or Poweroak (manufacture). I have a number of poweroak items ranging from 8kwh to 400Wh my oldest system from them is going on 3 years daily use. My largest unit 8kwh still has a bug going on 3 years I have just given up on them solving. If poweroak is just dropping these off in the USA, good luck with returns....If its doing it via maxoak should be ok-ish as it has been dealing with selling poweroaks products and shipping lith* batts in the USA and what problems that can have.

- Ecoflow

You can buy any part you need from them direct. I have used those guys products going on 6 years. 3-4 showers around my property during summer for campers and also my own in home use with the modulating units.

The ecoflow battery company is a different company than waterpik who make the low flow rate showers.

Back