diy solar

diy solar

System wiring…what would you do? (Cerbo gx )

Nan_wpg

Solar Enthusiast
Here’s my current setup. Charge controller - is on the battery, not the shunt because the lug is too small for the shunt.

I will be instaling a cerbo gx this week. I will have the prope lug on negitive cc wire.

Questions :

1. With everything connected to cerbo do I even need the CC connected to the shunt? (I understand the cerbo will calculate everything)

2. If I need to connect to shunt would you stack the CC - on top of the multipluss - on the shunt?

3. Add a - busbar off of the shunt and then connect cc and multi to busbar?IMG_1805.jpeg

Here’s my current setup. Charge controller - is on the battery, not the shunt because the lug is too small for the shunt.

I will be instaling a cerbo gx this week. I will have the prope lug on negitive cc wire.

Questions :

1. With everything connected to cerbo do I even need the CC connected to the shunt? (I understand the cerbo will calculate everything)

1000% yes. There is no other valid method of installing the shunt. Period. Nowhere will you find Victron saying the shunt should be bypassed by any source or load for any reason. Cerbo can use MPPT data to ESTIMATE the VE.BUS battery monitor SoC accuracy, but not the shunt.

2. If I need to connect to shunt would you stack the CC - on top of the multipluss - on the shunt?

3. Add a - busbar off of the shunt and then connect cc and multi to busbar?View attachment 224429

Either #2 (provided you get completely flat contact, and none of the ring terminals bind or cock with the shunt bolt) or #3. #3 preferred.

Going to try #2 for now. I think the lugs allow for a flat connection. I will find out this weekend

I just realized I can hook up my sok rack battery to the cerbo.

Would this be worthwhile? Current connected says the bms/cerbo control takes the place of the shunt. Can I / would you eliminate the shunt and connect battery to cerbo?

diy solar

diy solar
Back