diy solar

diy solar

TechDirect BYD BMS in pre-built units: Can anyone read this Chinese label?

Official response from TechDirect:
1588646926943.png

So anyone know of another decent 8S LFP BMS that will handle low temp cutoff, handle 150A & preferrably have a screen? I know there's the Chargery and I've built one pack from 180AH prismatic cells for another project. Was hoping for something like the DALY or ANT versions, but with low temp cutoff.

Official response from TechDirect:
View attachment 12612

So anyone know of another decent 8S LFP BMS that will handle low temp cutoff, handle 150A & preferrably have a screen? I know there's the Chargery and I've built one pack from 180AH prismatic cells for another project. Was hoping for something like the DALY or ANT versions, but with low temp cutoff.
I am charging one of these now and my charger is set to charge to 29.2 volts. I am currently seeing 29.21 and still charging at 8.52 amps constant voltage. The current continues to go down. I will update when current drops to zero. I bought my BYD 24 volt 220 Ah batteries and the BMS you are referring to here as stand alone items and wired them myself. I have 8 of each and because of health issues I can no longer seek my goals of solar independence from grid. All the batteries and BMS’s are for sale. BTW I am still charging at 7.5 amps.

I am charging one of these now and my charger is set to charge to 29.2 volts. I am currently seeing 29.21 and still charging at 8.52 amps constant voltage. The current continues to go down. I will update when current drops to zero. I bought my BYD 24 volt 220 Ah batteries and the BMS you are referring to here as stand alone items and wired them myself. I have 8 of each and because of health issues I can no longer seek my goals of solar independence from grid. All the batteries and BMS’s are for sale. BTW I am still charging at 7.5 amps.
In addition, I am capacity testing @ 0.05C because I have only a 3 ohm resistor @ 1000 watts for that use.

TechDirectClub.com sells them for $150 - spec at their website. They come installed in the pre-built units that are now sold at BigBattery.com. As far as I can tell, there is no way to interface, program or read information from the BMS - hence my question about the translation.
Big Battery recently broke up with their manufacturer (Battery EVO) The specs big battery were using seem to be inflated from the actual manufacturers specs on the same batteries they also sell under thier own brand... They even recommend and sell the wrong voltage charger (58.8v) to go with the 16s lifepo4 packs they sell..

EDIT* sorry just realized this is a necrothread..

Back