diy solar

diy solar

Terminal mount fuse block

killarneygetaway

I'm looking for some advice on terminal mount fuse blocks like the one pictured below from Blue Sea. All the ones I can find have a M10 hole for mounting to a battery however all the LiFePO4 batteries have M8 studs. Can these still be used even though the hole is too big?
1690988994309.png

Be careful with this method -- you will put a lot more physical stress on the cell terminal this way.
I've seen vendor documentation that says NOT to attach these directly to a battery -- but I suspect that was more due to ignition problems with batteries that produce gasses.

Thank you for the replies. I can see how these could be a concern if connected to a battery that has off-gas. Not an issue for Lithium. As for using adapters, I'm not sure they are designed to carry the type of load that could be coming off a battery.

I'm still looking for some guidance as to whether or not I'm looking for problems using something with a M10 mounting hole on a battery with M8 stud.

I figured these would be best as it eliminates the need for another cable and ends to be made for each battery. If an inline fuse/breaker is a better option, I could go with that.

Back