diy solar

diy solar

Tesla CyberFlop

Don't disagree but do you want to put a $250,000.00 engine/motor/batteries in your old Pete 379 to possibly save 5% a year on fuel?
The efficiency depends on the type of driving.

What Is The Expected Fuel Savings?

Fuel savings largely depends on the application the truck is used for. Over the road trucking shows the least amount of fuel savings 5-10%. Logging and city vocational operations show the largest fuel savings at 70-100% fuel reduction. Basically the more starting and stopping done the better the savings, the harder you work the truck and the steeper your terrain the better your fuel savings. These trucks are engineered to work as hard as possible and due their best performance when used that way.

Looks like they faked the 1/4 mile Porsche race, it was a 1/8th mile race:
To capitalize on the high torque electric motor off the line !?

Have to say it is still quite impressive.
To be fair, they should say "1/8th mile" and the 911 should have to tow a Cybertruck LOL.

Reactions: JRH
Here in NC, most tracks are 1/8 mile. Zmax is the only one near charlotte that is 1/4 mile.

I wanna see the claims again to see if they lied, or just concealed the true results and used doublespeak to imply the win.

No example (y)

BMW i3 gets 31MPG in range extension mode.

Far worse than a gas only counterpart.

Or is this still not proof of already well-known principles?

Was that the model that delayed starting range extender until battery was almost empty, and didn't allow full use of fuel tank, to limit ICE range to no more than pure electric range? So it could qualify for California zero emission rebates?

If so, the question is how many extended miles of range it gets per gallon when operating the European version. With charge still on the battery, engine should operate with more efficient parameters.

Everything the government touches turns to $#!+

Was that the model that delayed starting range extender until battery was almost empty, and didn't allow full use of fuel tank, to limit ICE range to no more than pure electric range? So it could qualify for California zero emission rebates?

If so, the question is how many extended miles of range it gets per gallon when operating the European version. With charge still on the battery, engine should operate with more efficient parameters.

Everything the government touches turns to $#!+

@pollenface Challenged the well-known fact that direct coupling of the engine to the wheels is more efficient than the engine running a generator to make electricity and then using a motor to change the electricity back into mechanical energy.

He wanted an example. There it is.

Well now…!! …be nice…we need more people trying to create a brighter future through innovation Instead of trying to live off the govt and free stuff …

I paid my deposit on a twin motor tesla truck about 2020ish I think , back when I was only about 100,000th in line…
Now it’s like a million or more…maybe 2 mil.

I think there cool…life is about having fun , ya know…

I should get notice to come get it maybe this fall ..maybe next spring…who cares…
I still have a Ram 2500 4x4 …it’s ok too.

Plus …..
I have to drive through less than desirable areas at times…( pick a place - anyplace).
I like the I idea of being GONE in 2 seconds and the street thug ammo bouncing off if someone tries to Jack me…cause unless they’re in one too, my return fire wont bounce back.

Go Elon….

J.

Well now…!! …be nice…we need more people trying to create a brighter future through innovation Instead of trying to live off the govt and free stuff …

I paid my deposit on a twin motor tesla truck about 2020ish I think , back when I was only about 100,000th in line…
Now it’s like a million or more…maybe 2 mil.

I think there cool…life is about having fun , ya know…

I should get notice to come get it maybe this fall ..maybe next spring…who cares…
I still have a Ram 2500 4x4 …it’s ok too.

Plus …..
I have to drive through less than desirable areas at times…( pick a place - anyplace).
I like the I idea of being GONE in 2 seconds and the street thug ammo bouncing off if someone tries to Jack me…cause unless they’re in one too, my return fire wont bounce back.

Go Elon….

J.

There are a million Cybertruck pre-orders???

There’s around 2 million reservations, but the reservation deposit was only $100. I have a reservation, but I’m waiting on them to work through the foundation series/early adopter orders and lower prices. The refreshed model S/X prices dropped over $40k after they worked through initial orders

Actually IIRC about a million like I did… refundable ones if you change your mind… then they shifted to a higher deposit that was not refundable ( about another few hundred thou+ ) ..I really don’t know the total number .
I’m getting emails from places addressed to “ pre- order tesla truck owner” from places wanting to do a deal of some type as I’m sorta low in the waiting line…I don’t know… I’m just playing it by ear..
I’m aware Elon has some conditions in place that will limit people buying and selling reservation spots…
they also said to stating saying you cannot sell your truck within 1 year of purchase and some other stuff it impede scalpers from locking up of units up and reselling them…

Hell , I don’t know… when they email me two weeks in advance to come over to Raleigh to do the paper work stuff , I’m gona test drive it , decide , and either get it …or not Get it….

if I don’t , I probably will get a Y…. I’m Gona charge it at home with with grid …or solar …or both…
we will see.

im just a hillbilly…this is all to hard for my brain..

J.

This is another great example of how the CT isn’t reinventing the wheel in EV towing, 90 mile range, lol.

740 guy , I am not addressing you , but the collective where applicable.

When hauling my new RV to the mountains from Charlotte , the guy In the 350 duelly was getting about 4 miles a gallon on interstate and 4 lane ..gentil slope roads 90% of the way and the last 10 miles was a bit hilly but highway roads 40 to 55 mph …RV weighed 10, 000 lb empty ……he had to fill up in Charlotte 35 gallons to go ,and once when heading back (with No load )..about a hundred miles each way. His mileage going down hill with was obviously better.

This is not an exact comparison ,,… but it’s only marginally better than the CT…and hugly more costly for the petrol…like 8x … The CT is a first release.. it’s a new product… it’s yet to evolve at all …

is it perfect…no ….will it get better …? absolutely , and the many versions that will follow.

it’s the way innovations evolve in life…

What has any of us invented this year, decade or in our life that’s newsworthy or life changing..

utube has some great stuff and its also full of BS vids bashing anything that will get clicks….
negative chatter always gets more clicks than somthing positive…

Give us dirty laundry..

I will support and have faith in forward doers and thinkers…

J.

This is another great example of how the CT isn’t reinventing the wheel in EV towing, 90 mile range, lol.

I think the CT is ugly. LOL (there, got that out)
But it is interesting.
The missing bit, is not the truck, it is the missing battery the trailer should have set between the frame rails, either to power a trailer axel, or to connect to the CT through a cable connection to extend the truck battery.
If they don't build it, I will build my own.
ok, I am too cheap to pay for the one they build, and will build my own anyway! (especially at the rate cell prices are falling!)
I like the F-150 Lighting, it looks like a truck, and some accessories I own would fit it.
Holding out for Lighting Gen 2 or conversion of my 3/4 ton Ram LOL.

740 guy , I am not addressing you , but the collective where applicable.

When hauling my new RV to the mountains from Charlotte , the guy In the 350 duelly was getting about 4 miles a gallon on interstate and 4 lane ..gentil slope roads 90% of the way and the last 10 miles was a bit hilly but highway roads 40 to 55 mph …RV weighed 10, 000 lb empty ……he had to fill up in Charlotte 35 gallons to go ,and once when heading back (with No load )..about a hundred miles each way. His mileage going down hill with was obviously better.

This is not an exact comparison ,,… but it’s only marginally better than the CT…and hugly more costly for the petrol…like 8x … The CT is a first release.. it’s a new product… it’s yet to evolve at all …

is it perfect…no ….will it get better …? absolutely , and the many versions that will follow.

it’s the way innovations evolve in life…

What has any of us invented this year, decade or in our life that’s newsworthy or life changing..

utube has some great stuff and its also full of BS vids bashing anything that will get clicks….
negative chatter always gets more clicks than somthing positive…

Give us dirty laundry..

I will support and have faith in forward doers and thinkers…

J.
Is that gasoline? My cousin has a diesel F250. Towing a large trailer it gets 22 miles per gallon.

BMW i3 gets 31MPG in range extension mode.

Far worse than a gas only counterpart.

Or is this still not proof of already well-known principles?
My X5 gasser gets 28 mpg cruising the interstate. I can squeeze out 31mpg put putting around.

Sad! But I had a 2010 5.7L v8 tundra and towing 8000 lbs I only got about 187 miles / tank so yeah still not good. My Cummins Diesel Dodge on the other hand gets 16 mpg towing same load at 70 mph easily get 430 miles/tank.

Back to the cybertruck, this is basically useless as a truck, it really is. Even with the tesla network what the heck are you going to do, even in town towing is out of the option.

Cybertruck needed to get a minimum of 150 miles towing and 300 without to even be an option.

123 KW is simply not enough, it should have had at least 160KW, they could have removed that storage area in the bed and added more battery. With the range extender go up to 180KW.

All I can say is hold on to your gas/diesel trucks if they plan on forcing these ev trucks down our throats...

Towing a large trailer it gets 22 miles per gallon.

But what does it get going uphill? Then, there is actual work being done. Not just overcoming rolling resistance and air drag.

"to the mountains ...gentil slope roads 90% of the way and the last 10 miles was a bit hilly"

Back