diy solar

diy solar

The other forum must be have locked all thread?

the other forum must be lock all thread to make people migrate to this new one?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

victorpr

Solar Enthusiast
I notice people are still or prefer using the old forums is you look closely there a lot more member in the old one than the new one this making the community to be split so my suggestion is close all the thread from the old forum to make people move to this new one if the thread continues open people will still posting including myself or using the old forums and will be not for historical purposes.
just a suggestion nothing personal.

Old Forum Total Members: 3,496
vs
New Forum Total Members: 569

people don't like this new one :( is not even the half members from the old forum member.

Wow. I haven't even visited the old forum since a couple of days after the change over, just assumed everyone would post here.

It's not that they "prefer" them, hardly any new posts since the move. I suspect it's more they just have found their way here yet.

It will be deleted regardless so no problems there. There is a notification at the top of the old forum. I will lock the threads, smart idea!

Oh and the member count is understandable. This new forum has a faster rate of posting going by my Google analytics. The old forum had a strong surge of traffic due to my YouTube traffic, but those people are not daily users of either forum. They just wanted to support the forum, that's all.

Most of the members that signed up for first forum actually left. They never came back.

I will be boosting the traffic of this forum over the next couple months as I post new videos. I think it is TOTALLY fine to have less traffic right now haha it is manageable and friendly. I love the current group we have and it can grow to be overwhelming very quickly.

This new forum actually has more active users than the old forum, even though the member count is lower. So it's totally fine. The first one was just hyper inflated from initial rush of people

This forum is not aimed at making money or increasing members. I want it to be a sustainable effort to help the community. To have an open platform that will be funded for the next 20+ years.

Once these posts get ranked on Google in a couple months, we will have organic traffic daily.

For now, I am only focusing on creating helpful responses that people can search for, or that I can refer people to when they ask me a specific question.

Just to give you guys an idea of the difference. The first forum had 3,511 posts in 2 weeks. 517 being newcomers.

This forum has 1,976 posts in 1 week.

We may have had more members, but they were not returning. They just wanted to join the forum to support the cause, or because they will be back in a few months to ask specific questions while building their system.

I was editing various settings in the old forum and locking discussion threads and man oh man is that old platform a piece of junk compared to this new commercial grade forum. Night and day difference. So glad we did this switch within the first week of having the forum.

Oh and the member count is understandable. This new forum has a faster rate of posting going by my Google analytics. The old forum had a strong surge of traffic due to my YouTube traffic, but those people are not daily users of either forum. They just wanted to support the forum, that's all.

Most of the members that signed up for first forum actually left. They never came back.

I will be boosting the traffic of this forum over the next couple months as I post new videos. I think it is TOTALLY fine to have less traffic right now haha it is manageable and friendly. I love the current group we have and it can grow to be overwhelming very quickly.

This new forum actually has more active users than the old forum, even though the member count is lower. So it's totally fine. The first one was just hyper inflated from initial rush of people
You're completely right! Thanks again!

Just to give you guys an idea of the difference. The first forum had 3,511 posts in 2 weeks. 517 being newcomers.

This forum has 1,976 posts in 1 week.

We may have had more members, but they were not returning. They just wanted to join the forum to support the cause, or because they will be back in a few months to ask specific questions while building their system.

I was editing various settings in the old forum and locking discussion threads and man oh man is that old platform a piece of junk compared to this new commercial grade forum. Night and day difference. So glad we did this switch within the first week of having the forum.
The claims of the old forum by the suppliers...$200/month....nope, servers will never go down...nope, easy migration...nope. Fail on all counts.

Back