diy solar

diy solar

Total Newbie from Michigan

Law51

I want to do solar for my residential home. I was thinking of trying to run it through my breaker box. I‘m looking at a growatt 6kw. My box is full and need to put a subpanel. Help!!!!!!!

I want to do solar for my residential home. I was thinking of trying to run it through my breaker box. I‘m looking at a growatt 6kw. My box is full and need to put a subpanel. Help!!!!!!!
Post a picture of your breaker box. Most brands have slimline breakers that can substitute in and make space.

You call an electrician and get a quote to do this properly, safely, and to code.

Is the Growatt UL listed and does that matter to you? If you know you need a subpanel, you are on the right track.

Is the Growatt UL listed and does that matter to you? If you know you need a subpanel, you are on the right track. (edit). I mean if you want to split off critical loads, to the subpanel.

I am hear ann arbor if you need anything. I have build 2 houses and done own solar and battery backup.

Good Luck

Thanks I’m going to need it I’ll be getting with you soon. I’m in Fint

This is what I bought so far and I have 2 24v batteries. Am I on the right track.

Attachments

• 65F939C5-E3A5-46ED-AB85-F5CF3C5D4802.jpeg
    65F939C5-E3A5-46ED-AB85-F5CF3C5D4802.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 6
This is what I bought so far and I have 2 24v batteries. Am I on the right track.
I would say you are not on the right track. You should be asking all of these questions long before you buy a single thing. Most of us are doing off grid applications. Once you connect to the grid, it is a whole new ballgame.

Back