diy solar

diy solar

Trying to decide on a 48V 100ah Battery with max discharge of 50amps

New question. What on earth do I use for battery cable protection? Breaker or fuse? Breakers seem to be polarised. So how would that work. Mega fuses at 100-125 amps are hard to find. Fuses seem the better way as I already have a breaker on the battery. I assume the breaker wouldn't work as it needs to discharge and then be charges.
Confused!

New question. What on earth do I use for battery cable protection? Breaker or fuse? Breakers seem to be polarised. So how would that work. Mega fuses at 100-125 amps are hard to find. Fuses seem the better way as I already have a breaker on the battery. I assume the breaker wouldn't work as it needs to discharge and then be charges.
Confused!
Best practice is a Class-T fuse.
Don't cheap out and buy knockoff generic ones.

I have used Blue Sea (available on Amazon) Class T fuse and holder - with protective cover. not cheap, but they are not-cheap!
I have also used ANL fuses -one for each battery pack, then a Class T to protect the entire ESS combined to the inverter.

Found this breaker which is over what I need for 48v 100amp battery. https://www.amazon.com/DIHOOL-Circu...t-Inverter/dp/B09P4S9RRP?ref_=ast_slp_dp&th=1
These MCCB breakers are good for disconnect between the battery bank and your inverter DC connection - they allow you an easy way to disconnect battery power to do work on your system with the battery isolated from what you are touching. I used the 2-pole MCCB, and set up a by-pass parallel to the MCCB using a 2-pole rocker switch and a suitable resistor (50W, 100Ohm) to allow easy pre-charge of the inverter just before switching on the main MCCB to limit in-rush and potential damage.

Last edited:
Back