diy solar

diy solar

Trying to match Solar Panels to Inverter

Solarmadness

Let the Sun Shine On Crazy Diamonds
Will this Inverter Charger handle these solar panels in a 3 series 3 parallel configuration.9 panels total.Thanks for your help.Pat

Sungold 10000W 24V SPLIT PHASE PURE SINE WAVE SOLAR INVERTER CHARGER.​

Solar Panels Mission MSE345SX5T 345 watt

Last edited:
An array with 3S3P will work just fine (123.3Voc plenty of headroom for temp compensation).

Combining 3 strings will produce 3x the string amps so your wiring and fusing will need to handle that.

How many watts or Isc are your panels?

An array with 3S3P will work just fine (123.3Voc plenty of headroom for temp compensation).

Combining 3 strings will produce 3x the string amps so your wiring and fusing will need to handle that.

How many watts or Isc are your panels?
ISC 10.92amps or345 watts

I am starting to see how this is going to play out now.Thanks for all of you advice.3-8 gauge wire back to inverter from combiner box at 40 ft length. Thanks again for your help.

I am starting to see how this is going to play out now.Thanks for all of you advice.3-8 gauge wire back to inverter from combiner box at 40 ft length. Thanks again for your help.
The ground conductor can be 12 gauge (I would use 10 gauge). So, just 2 x 8 gauge.

Would an 8/3 SO cord running thru attic to garage be safe.This would be my Home Run from combiner box to Inverter controller.
No
PV conductors must be in metal conduit, inside of buildings.
EMT, IMC, GRC, FLEXIBLE CONDUIT (GREENFIELD), or MC.
Those are the options that I can think of right now.

Last edited:
Back