diy solar

diy solar

Using dented Lishen cells

I recorded opening the boxes and held the dents up to the camera. You can see from the video there is no impact damage to the box or cell wrapping but the cell is dented. I've sent the video to them, waiting to see.......

FYI: I just received my cells and I have one cell with the exact dimple dent. Contacting XUBA over alibaba.

Maybe we all need to start sending them messages and demanding they replace garbage or we make sure all the solar/diy forums know they aren’t trustworthy and to avoid them??

Maybe we all need to start sending them messages and demanding they replace garbage or we make sure all the solar/diy forums know they aren’t trustworthy and to avoid them??
I've sent a link to the forum thread to BASEN, they are aware that we are many.

I recorded opening the boxes and held the dents up to the camera. You can see from the video there is no impact damage to the box or cell wrapping but the cell is dented. I've sent the video to them, waiting to see.......
Dit you inspect foam with your fingers and not only buy eyes....? Mine look totally fine visually but there is a cut that can only been felt by finger.
If not...then it's perhaps that they try selling visually dented cells at the same price as fine ones....dunno.

Weird coincidence but I had asked them for a quote about a week ago. I just told them I’ve been seeing complaints about them sending damaged cells and not replacing them. Told them I decided to go with another company for my cells now.

Weird coincidence but I had asked them for a quote about a week ago. I just told them I’ve been seeing complaints about them sending damaged cells and not replacing them. Told them I decided to go with another company for my cells now.
Well we are still talking with the seller, I will come back when a decision will be done.

Hi guys,
They offer me 80$, price of a cell..what do you think, I got a damaged cell that I only payed for shipping/customs, aka 20$.
What do you think, should I settle on this...?

Hi guys,
They offer me 80$, price of a cell..what do you think, I got a damaged cell that I only payed for shipping/customs, aka 20$.
What do you think, should I settle on this...?
They should have shipping insurance that should cover it, hold your ground, document everything and if you have to bear any costs at the end, if you have buyer's protection, have your credit card reimburse you.

Dit you inspect foam with your fingers and not only buy eyes....? Mine look totally fine visually but there is a cut that can only been felt by finger.
If not...then it's perhaps that they try selling visually dented cells at the same price as fine ones....dunno.
I bought the battery cases as well and my cells were wrapped in the battery case and the case was wrapped. Where the dents are there is no way it could have been during shipping. 100% they sent dented cells. Even Sony send out crap broken products where something gets missed, and I do hope they aren't lying and sending crap. I'm going to open a dispute with Alibaba later this week if they don't come with a solution, so far I've been offered $30...... My credit card company charge back will be a last resort. I don't mind the cells not reaching full capacity and not being perfect and new, but there are much cheaper paper weights on Alibaba.

Lucky I ordered extra cells so can still go ahead with my main project, just won't have the test/spare pack until I can scrounge together more $$$$$ (worst case)

I bought the battery cases as well and my cells were wrapped in the battery case and the case was wrapped. Where the dents are there is no way it could have been during shipping. 100% they sent dented cells. Even Sony send out crap broken products where something gets missed, and I do hope they aren't lying and sending crap. I'm going to open a dispute with Alibaba later this week if they don't come with a solution, so far I've been offered $30...... My credit card company charge back will be a last resort. I don't mind the cells not reaching full capacity and not being perfect and new, but there are much cheaper paper weights on Alibaba.

Lucky I ordered extra cells so can still go ahead with my main project, just won't have the test/spare pack until I can scrounge together more $$$$$ (worst case)
I do not understand why they sent dent items.... week i understand but... It's not good for their reputation, it's short time business.

Did you bought from Basen too..?

I do not understand why they sent dent items.... week i understand but... It's not good for their reputation, it's short time business.

Did you bought from Basen too..?
No, I bought from Xuba, they were $2/cell cheaper at the time and threw in double busbars for free :)

I hope your problem will be solved, I am still waiting for my replacement from BASEN..
Yeah, it is one reason I like refund including shipping cost cause I stay in the protection zone while when agreeing on cell replacement....the can just not send it/them and I would be fucked.

Ok..I do not advise to buy from BASEN, they break my balls for 20$.....?
I offer to send the cell back and they refund me cell price+ shipping, they still want to only refund cell price....it's logical for them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-28-11-41-47-708_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-28-11-41-47-708_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2021-01-28-11-41-57-037_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-28-11-41-57-037_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 35
They refuse to refund batterie plus shipping for this battery, and give me 2 options, 80$ refund or a new cell in my next order....
I mean...hello...? I will not buy again from a company that try to rip me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-28-17-15-31-606_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-28-17-15-31-606_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 16
I was only offered $30! For 3 damaged cells! Was hoping to get it sorted with the supplier but guess that didn't work. I've now taken it a step further and requested a refund for the 3 damaged cells through alibaba.

Funnily enough, they messaged me saying they will accept responsibility for the damaged cells because they have insurance with the shipping company but then the next day changed the story....

Has anyone purchased the battery cases from Xuba? How much did they charge? They are saying I was charged incorrectly (much lower) so thats why they only offer $30.

I was only offered $30! For 3 damaged cells! Was hoping to get it sorted with the supplier but guess that didn't work. I've now taken it a step further and requested a refund for the 3 damaged cells through alibaba.

Funnily enough, they messaged me saying they will accept responsibility for the damaged cells because they have insurance with the shipping company but then the next day changed the story....

Has anyone purchased the battery cases from Xuba? How much did they charge? They are saying I was charged incorrectly (much lower) so thats why they only offer $30.
Stand your ground and insist on proper remedy.

Call CC and log a case, seller is not willing to resolve matter, print out all proof ali asap and then call CC,
You will need the date you charged, date you received items, dates you made contact with seller.

I am NOT buying anything from XUBA again and I can't recommend XUBA to anyone other than XUBA themselves.

What are the damages you got...? Small... Big.... Surface...deep...?
How much did you pay per cell..? Should be roughly 75-80$ per cell, shipping excluded.

Sounds like they're trying to scam you
Yeah, thats what I'm thinking. After I raised a refund request through the Alibaba system, they messaged to say the they can't refund me the $200 for the 3 damaged cells as the profit margin is really low (from a over 2k purchase) and they hope I understand...... If nothing comes of the Alibaba refund I'll see if my CC can help.....

Lucky I ordered spares so I can keep the project going.

Back