diy solar

diy solar

VATRER 12V 460Ah LiFePO4

I’m just hearing about Vatrer as well as it popped up while browsing batteries on amazon today. I went to their website and they have tax included in the price + free shipping… kind of nu…

There is a 12V 100Ah heated battery with bluetooth for $289 shipped. I’m really torn on whether to order it or not. Will’s video from last year was not good… but I’m wondering if they’ve stepped up their game since then and with the newer products?

Does anyone have recent experience? Any recent tear downs?

Ive seen chatter in the marine forums about UL listed batteries being required by insurers...not sure if that matters to you, just throwing it out there.

@Dooug I appreciate that. This will be for a solar generator while camping.

So I’m doing more digging and watching the video posted on their website by various youtubers. Yes, they even posted Will’s negative review…

Looks like they’ve stepped up their build quality and address all the concerns from the original review. Just hoping they didn’t send out golden samples and keep everything else the same…

@Will Prowse any chance you want to review the new “king/queen” of cheap batteries with your own money? :) $289 shipped for a 12V, 100Ah, HEATED battery with Bluetooth? Look at the differences!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0409.jpeg
    IMG_0409.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Ive seen chatter in the marine forums about UL listed batteries being required by insurers...not sure if that matters to you, just throwing it out there.
Good point on the UI requirements by insurers.

Yeah, true. Who knows… crossing my fingers and hoping that someone at Vatrer realized that a *self-heating battery* obviously needs flexible bus bars.

Just noticed its a metal case don't think it would be good in marine situation. On my sailboat they would be going in a dry area but still exposed to ocean salt air.

I just got a pair of the 460 AH batteries and I think they are an awesome solution for RV use. I am mounting them inside so no heater required. Lots of capacity in a small form factor. Out of the box, I loaded them with 1200 watts for a few hours drawing down about 75% and they stayed cool and stable. See my initial review here:

I just got a pair of the 460 AH batteries and I think they are an awesome solution for RV use. I am mounting them inside so no heater required. Lots of capacity in a small form factor. Out of the box, I loaded them with 1200 watts for a few hours drawing down about 75% and they stayed cool and stable. See my initial review here:
I was unable to capture the BMS model number. Would you mind sharing here if you get a moment? Thank you.

B on the QR code of the cells look to be EVE cells. Balancing will become an issue in the future, I would get an active balancer.

Pretty much confirms all varter are grade B cells.

I was unable to capture the BMS model number. Would you mind sharing here if you get a moment? Thank you.
Yeah totally new at shooting video. Here is a photo of the BMS. looks like a nice JBD unit.

Attachments

• 20231101_093923.jpg
    20231101_093923.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 13
B on the QR code of the cells look to be EVE cells. Balancing will become an issue in the future, I would get an active balancer.

Pretty much confirms all varter are grade B cells.
Hi, I'm very concerned about these "b" cells - so there's a utube video about the LiTime 460ah and the dude rips it apart and it doesn't really show anything on the cells, (
) how can we find out if the LiTime 460ah has "b" grade cells or is it a better unit overall? thanks for any advice i'm trying to decide on which 460ah lifepo4 to get, right now there's a few options where Epoch is the best and then you have roamer, this vatrer and basen : https://www.basenpower.com/products...ACK/Basen-12v-460ah-LiFePO4-Battery-Pack.html and i'm assuming ReDodo bird will come out with a 460 soon, they currently have a 410ah.. any help is greatly appreciated!

looks like @LithiumSolar did a review.

Suspect they sanded and put fake qr codes on the cells:

kind of looks like sanding marks, if they are real then this is a problem where customers get grade B but youtubers get real cells.

Suspect they sanded and put fake qr codes on the cells: kind of looks like sanding marks, if they are real then this is a problem where customers get grade B but youtubers get real cells.
That is very concerning if they're going that far to be deceptive. The cells I have seen that have scratched QR codes usually look like someone used course sandpaper on them whereas these are very, very fine. I don't think they are sanding marks but obviously can't guarantee that. They could be B-grade, which would explain the capacity test results 🤷‍♂️

That is very concerning if they're going that far to be deceptive. The cells I have seen that have scratched QR codes usually look like someone used course sandpaper on them whereas these are very, very fine. I don't think they are sanding marks but obviously can't guarantee that. They could be B-grade, which would explain the capacity test results 🤷‍♂️

@LithiumSolar

Look at this guy he got the same bat but it had the B on the qr code intact (I time stamped it so you don't have to watch whole thing):

@LithiumSolar
Also here are some QR codes from EVE 230 18650batterystore and under the label, no signs of sanding:

Look at this guy he got the same bat but it had the B on the qr code intact (I time stamped it so you don't have to watch whole thing):
There appears to be something fishy going on here for sure. I will follow up later this week. In the meantime, I reached out to them to see what they have to say on the matter.

Last edited:
Back