diy solar

diy solar

Very first top balance

Why would you need a separate 24v battery charger? Set your power supply to 3.5v per cell (28v), let the BMS do the rest.
I don't know why. I'm new to all this and don't know. I figured if I set the 24v battery pack up with a bms the way it shows to do it in parallel I'd be pushing 24v towards a 12v charger. Didn't think that could handle it. I did ruin my charger doing this. Have another here Monday. But that was on me. I know what I did wrong.

You’re previous post about using the bench top power supply charging a built 24v battery through the overkill BMS will get you where you need to be. Set the BMS to shut off at 3.5v then parallel all the cells and use the bench top power supply to go the last bit from 3.5 to 3.65.

Let us know how many watts the power supply can put into that 24v battery, as others may have mention it may help the longevity of the power supply to keep watts around 200w.

I'm in the process of doing the entire 16s48v it's working perfectly. I blew up the small charger. Using a 48v charger and have it set to 3.5 on the bms.

You’re previous post about using the bench top power supply charging a built 24v battery through the overkill BMS will get you where you need to be. Set the BMS to shut off at 3.5v then parallel all the cells and use the bench top power supply to go the last bit from 3.5 to 3.65.

Let us know how many watts the power supply can put into that 24v battery, as others may have mention it may help the longevity of the power supply to keep watts around 200w.
Sorry forgot to answer the watts question. It can produce 300 watts.

Back