diy solar

diy solar

Victron experts CC input needed

Nan_wpg

Solar Enthusiast
Looking to purchase this controller but there’s 2 “simillar” ones. There’s a 300+ price difference Between the 2 and they appear to be the same.

am I missing something?

Comparing the 250/060 a ($568.98)and the one immediately to the left (options starting at $864.85)

Not seeing anything "immediately to the left" in the amazon link. Please clarify.
I own a 250/70 and a 250/100.

Also, there are lots of Victron resellers/distributors that may have a lower price than Amazon.
If its a Prime product, sometimes the free Amazon shipping makes up for it.

Not sure what you're getting at.

There's a 250/60 and 70 that are NOT VE.Can compliant. Probably a little cheaper.

250/70 is $510.85 ($679 CAD)
250/85 is $549.10 ($730 CAD)
250/100 is $612.85 ($815 CAD)

These are VE.Can compliant.

You probably only need the more expensive VE.Can versions if you are integrating multiple charge controllers with a Victron Cerbo GX or other Victron controller (like me).

For non-Victron systems, the BlueTooth version and phone app is usually more than sufficient.

Victron recently had a massive price drop on some/many of the Solar Charge controller. The one you selected is the new lower price - the $800-ish price (I believe) is the old price - same model- that is no longer available.

Prices are all over the place on Victron SCC’s on Amazon.ca right now. Some sellers have reduced prices when Victron did and others haven’t.
I just bought a 150/45 from volts.ca because I could find that one for a reasonable price on Amazon.

Not seeing anything "immediately to the left" in the amazon link. Please clarify.
I own a 250/70 and a 250/100.

Also, there are lots of Victron resellers/distributors that may have a lower price than Amazon.
If its a Prime product, sometimes the free Amazon shipping makes up for it.
It was showing to the left. Now it’s not.

basicall I need to know if there’s a difference between the 2 250/60 controllers

Not sure what you're getting at.

There's a 250/60 and 70 that are NOT VE.Can compliant. Probably a little cheaper.

250/70 is $510.85 ($679 CAD)
250/85 is $549.10 ($730 CAD)
250/100 is $612.85 ($815 CAD)

These are VE.Can compliant.

2 issues:

1. I’m in Canada so I have to compare cdn prices
2. I have 500 or so in Amazon gift cards so I’d like to buy from Amazon cause it’ll be “free”.

so, the ones I linked are an upgrade from the ones you linked at current connected?

are the 2 250/60 controllers on Amazon the same? I think they are.

2 issues:

1. I’m in Canada so I have to compare cdn prices

I provided conversions to CAD.

2. I have 500 or so in Amazon gift cards so I’d like to buy from Amazon cause it’ll be “free”.

so, the ones I linked are an upgrade from the ones you linked at current connected?

VE.Can is an added option.

The Current Connected ones are VE.Can.

The ONE you linked is NOT VE.Can.

are the 2 250/60 controllers on Amazon the same? I think they are.

I only see one.

Victron recently had a massive price drop on some/many of the Solar Charge controller. The one you selected is the new lower price - the $800-ish price (I believe) is the old price - same model- that is no longer available.

so what does that mean? It’s the same controller but not available?

I provided conversions to CAD.

VE.Can is an added option.

The Current Connected ones are VE.Can.

The ONE you linked is NOT VE.Can.

I only see one.
Are there not multiple “boxes” showing that you can tap, to select different options?

do I need ve can? I have a multipluss inverter/charger, sok rack battery. It’s a simole solar system for a no,grid cabin. I don’t need fancy pants stuff, but for essentially the same price I can buy the one you linked and use the Amazon gift cards for something else

The only two Victron SKUs for 250/60 (not VE.CAN) I see are:

VICTRON ENERGY, SCC125060221, SMARTSOLAR MPPT 250/60-TR

This is the screw terminal version you were looking at I believe.

VICTRON ENERGY, SCC125060321, SMARTSOLAR MPPT 250/60-MC4

This is the MC4 connector version.

There may may new SKUs for the reduced price versions, I'm not sure. There is: SCC125060210

Use the Amazon Canadian prices that @sunshine_eggo provided above.

Last edited:
The only two Victron SKUs for 250/60 (not VE.CAN) I see are:

VICTRON ENERGY, SCC125060221, SMARTSOLAR MPPT 250/60-TR

This is the screw terminal version you were looking at I believe.

VICTRON ENERGY, SCC125060321, SMARTSOLAR MPPT 250/60-MC4

This is the MC4 connector version.

There may may new SKUs for the reduced price versions, I'm not sure.

Use the Amazon Canadian prices that @sunshine_eggo provided above.
I have no idea what’s,going on. I am showing no option of,an mc4 version

I have no idea what’s,going on. I am showing no option of,an mc4 version
MPPT 250/60 Datasheet

Depends what you need. If the screw terminals work for you, great, that's what I use.

Go to amazon.ca and enter SCC125060221 in the search box, see how many prices you see.
I only see the more expensive one.
Then try SCC125060210, I see the cheaper one.

I think based on the comments above, your original link for $568.98 CAD is the way to go.
@LakeHouse and @Rocketman are correct about the price drop.

Last edited:
MPPT 250/60 Datasheet

Depends what you need. If the screw terminals work for you, great, that's what I use.

Go to amazon.ca and enter SCC125060221 in the search box, see how many prices you see.
I only see the more expensive one.
Then try SCC125060210, I see the cheaper one.

I think based on the comments above, your original link for $568.98 CAD is the way to go.
@LakeHouse and @Rocketman are correct about the price drop.
Yes, there’s an option for mc4. I meant there’s no option on Amazon for an mc4 version. (In the page I linked)

Are there not multiple “boxes” showing that you can tap, to select different options?

Yes, but I get no price on the other 250/60.

Do I need ve can? I have a multipluss inverter/charger, sok rack battery. It’s a simole solar system for a no,grid cabin. I don’t need fancy pants stuff, but for essentially the same price I can buy the one you linked and use the Amazon gift cards for something else

VE.Can is used to:

Chain up to 25 MPPT together for charge coordination.
Chain up to 25 MPPT together for charge coordination and connection to a VE.CAN GX device.

If you don't need that, you don't need VE.Can.

Yes, there’s an option for mc4. I meant there’s no option on Amazon for an mc4 version. (In the page I linked)
I just think it's dorky to have MC4s mounted on a box. Perhaps more convenient for small installations. Just my opinion.

With the screw terminals, you get all of the the fine-standed cable vs. PV cable vs. welding wire arguments, and the ferrule or no-ferrule argument threads on this site, which I find informative and entertaining. Not a big fan of the phillips head terminals either, but that's what they sell.

Looking to purchase this controller but there’s 2 “similar” ones. There’s a 300+ price difference Between the 2 and they appear to be the same.
Am I missing something?

Comparing the 250/060 a ($568.98)and the one immediately to the left (options starting at $864.85)
The one for $568.98 is sold by "Ecosolaris" and ships from Amazon. The expensive, likely a scammer one, is sold by and ships from "CANADA DIST and WHOLESALE" and they have a poor approval rating.

You can see these when you look at the right hand side of the web page, below the "Add to Wishlist" button. It shows 2 available and if you click the tiny arrow > pointing to the right, it will opena pop out window (see the screen shot below this post), and that shows who the sellers are and who the shippers are and the prices of each of the sellers, which vary by seller. Some sellers also add shipping on top of the selling price vs. Amazon's usual free shipping over $35, or free for Prime members.

My guess is that maybe you were seeing the same controller but from 2 different sellers.

I look for and see this quite often when prices vary. The other thing that I look for and always and ONLY choose is: "Ships from Amazon" , no matter who is selling it, especially scammers. Only buy it if it is shipped from Amazon. It may be legit and maybe cheaper from other sellers but some sellers are in China and it could take 1-3 months to reach you and then good luck with warranties if Amazon doesn't cover it.

Otherwise the other posts explain the only other differences. Ecosolaris has been a seller of Amazon Victron for quite a while that I've seen.

Attachments

• Amazon Sellers-Victron 250-60 MPPT.jpg
    Amazon Sellers-Victron 250-60 MPPT.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1
Yes, but I get no price on the other 250/60.

VE.Can is used to:

Chain up to 25 MPPT together for charge coordination.
Chain up to 25 MPPT together for charge coordination and connection to a VE.CAN GX device.

If you don't need that, you don't need VE.Can.
I have no idea why it’s not showing.

anyhoo…..

I will never chain 25 mppt together. can I still connect to a gx device without VE.Can (if I only have one mppt)?

I can still buy the ve models from current connected. I have no problem spending a wee bit more in the even I may need a feature in the future.

Last edited:
The one for $568.98 is sold by "Ecosolaris" and ships from Amazon. The expensive, likely a scammer one, is sold by and ships from "CANADA DIST and WHOLESALE" and they have a poor approval rating.

You can see these when you look at the right hand side of the web page, below the "Add to Wishlist" button. It shows 2 available and if you click the tiny arrow > pointing to the right, it will opena pop out window (see the screen shot below this post), and that shows who the sellers are and who the shippers are and the prices of each of the sellers, which vary by seller. Some sellers also add shipping on top of the selling price vs. Amazon's usual free shipping over $35, or free for Prime members.

My guess is that maybe you were seeing the same controller but from 2 different sellers.

I look for and see this quite often when prices vary. The other thing that I look for and always and ONLY choose is: "Ships from Amazon" , no matter who is selling it, especially scammers. Only buy it if it is shipped from Amazon. It may be legit and maybe cheaper from other sellers but some sellers are in China and it could take 1-3 months to reach you and then good luck with warranties if Amazon doesn't cover it.

Otherwise the other posts explain the only other differences. Ecosolaris has been a seller of Amazon Victron for quite a while that I've seen.

I’ve always ordered from “shipped from Amazon”. I have ordered from ecosolaris before. No issues. But thank you for that input.

I was more or less looking to see if it was the same model, given the huge price differences. I notice more and more 3rd party stuff on Amazon. Hope it doesnt turn into eBay.

Back