diy solar

diy solar

Victron is Over-priced Eurotrash. Why would anybody buy Victron over an AiO?

It's not the step down (buck) that I'm concerned about. It's going from 12v up to 48v (boost) for charging the house battery from the tow vehicle. It's not absolutely necessary. I don't charge from the tow vehicle with my current 12 volt system. So if I don't have it for the 48 volt system, it won't be the end of the world.
What about this?
https://signaturesolar.com/orion-tr-48-12-20a-240w-isolated-dc-dc-converter-voltage-regulator/
https://signaturesolar.com/victron-energy-orion-tr-48-12-20a-240w-isolated-dc-dc-converter/ (this one is 30A)

Those are both step down converters. I'm already planning to use the 30 amp version to provide 12 volt power to the trailer's 12 volt system.

The step up (boost) 12->48 converter is what I would like to see Victron add to their product line.

That's 60A versus 100A of charging, tho I can see how the 250 let's you go with longer strings.

Yeah but, as I said, same panel power handling if I am doing the math correctly 😎.

Especially nice at that price point.

For me it allowed higher voltage headroom for those crisp, cold winter days with the strings I use.

Yeah but, as I said, same panel power handling if I am doing the math correctly 😎.

Especially nice at that price point.

For me it allowed higher voltage headroom for those crisp, cold winter days with the strings I use.
Ah ok I was confused because the 250/60 has a charge limit of 3420W versus a /100 with 5700W (assuming 57V charge). But if that meets your needs it's all good

Pulled the trigger on a Quattro 48/3000. Was trying to decide between that and the cheaper mp2 3kVA UL listed. My thinking was the Quattro may be quieter running than the mp2, plus who doesn't like a second ac input. In my case I can accept the increased idle consumption over the mp2. JB tools had 10% off on Amazon for this model and apparently there is a support solution for Victron gear sold by them:

Screenshot_20240627_120307_Chrome.jpg

Ah ok I was confused because the 250/60 has a charge limit of 3420W versus a /100 with 5700W (assuming 57V charge). But if that meets your needs it's all good

You are correct, it clips the excess power if produced so simple math doesn’t work here 😕.

It just can handle the overpanelling for marginal conditions but doesn’t help production under optimal conditions.

diy solar

diy solar
Back