diy solar

diy solar

Victron is Over-priced Eurotrash. Why would anybody buy Victron over an AiO?

Got the 450/100 over 5kW with the Aptos string added. Partly cloudy and shady day, battery got into absorption too soon to see if so could get to the full 100A charge rate.

Screenshot_20240622_143653_Gallery.jpg

Two of the mnedc250s hooked up for test fit, prob could gone a little bit shorter in the jumpers but I didn't want get too close to the negative bus bar.

20240624_092130.jpg
20240624_092231.jpg

You do realize the little caps that come with new batteries are just decorative and a fire hazard verse meant to be used aas an insulator?

And I would for sure put an unsulator betweent the back of the breaker and the battery. Or the cable boots on them before putting the lynx lid on.

I actually put cable boots on every cable I make, I figure whatever it is connected to should be insulated.

You do realize the little caps that come with new batteries are just decorative and a fire hazard verse meant to be used aas an insulator?

And I would for sure put an unsulator betweent the back of the breaker and the battery. Or the cable boots on them before putting the lynx lid on.

I actually put cable boots on every cable I make, I figure whatever it is connected to should be insulated.
Yes that's just sitting there temporarily it will all eventually be wall mounted. Good point on getting boots.

Finalizing the last bits of how everything is going to be done and I think I've settled on this guy: https://www.currentconnected.com/product/midnite-solar-mntransition-box/

Bring the output from the PV disconnects into these which will facilitate connecting my SPD's for each string. It seems like, I remember seeing the Victron RS450/100 they want finer stranded wire coming into and out of it than the regular PV wire. Or am I imagining that?

Finalizing the last bits of how everything is going to be done and I think I've settled on this guy: https://www.currentconnected.com/product/midnite-solar-mntransition-box/

Bring the output from the PV disconnects into these which will facilitate connecting my SPD's for each string. It seems like, I remember seeing the Victron RS450/100 they want finer stranded wire coming into and out of it than the regular PV wire. Or am I imagining that?
Yes just saw those the other day. Perfect to transition from chunky pv wire to windynation power flex cable or similar.

I got some great edge effect today, I was wondering why Victron suggests 125-150A fusing for a 100A controller (I'm using 125A) but then I see numbers like this, approaching 125A albeit momentarily.

I used 1/0 for the SCC to distributor wires, erred on the conservative side though could prob get away with much less.
Screenshot_20240624_153211.jpg

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back