diy solar

diy solar

Victron Multiplus, manually toggling built-in relays

Checkthisout

Solar Wizard
As the title stated, how do you manually toggle the built-in relays or can that even be done?

24/3000 Multiplus permanently hooked into a PC running both Victron Connect and VEConfig.

Yeah I haven’t seen any way in either of those programs to manually test the switches in the MP.

I am accessing the PC from 4 hours away via remote desktop so I don't want to do much that will freeze the PC.

I don't full understand "virtual switch" yet but is that a possibility?

Hesitant to try because it's going to nuke my current gen start protocol but I guess that doesn't matter since I haven't used it yet anyway.

The virtual switch is just a simple way to control certain aspects of the MP. They’re simple “assistants” if your familiar with those.

I started with the virtual switch to control when my MP utilized AC In, but I’ve since switched to use assistants and the Cerbo because it gives me easier controls. Maybe this will help see how things can be used?

What are you actually trying to accomplish?

The simple task of being able to manually cycle the built-in relays to test the install.

I just installed a 24/3000 mp at the cabin and want to test my generator remote start.

It's wired into the main relay (the main one in the upper r/h corner) on the MP and I just want to be able to manually switch it on to test my install/hook-up.

The virtual switch is just a simple way to control certain aspects of the MP. They’re simple “assistants” if your familiar with those.

I started with the virtual switch to control when my MP utilized AC In, but I’ve since switched to use assistants and the Cerbo because it gives me easier controls. Maybe this will help see how things can be used?

I'll make sure and watch this video later.

This is my generator interface or more simply, the box that I use to control my gen.

I changed all my equipment and the Gen will now use different criteria to run and shut off.

The MP will use one of the generator assistants to cycle the relay on the MP but I need to figure out if I'm going to use single-shot start or just on/off...

It's just easier if I can sit at the laptop here at home 200 miles away and figure it out than it is to go in person and rig up a manual switch that will simulate the mp toggling its internal relay.Screenshot_20231104_192547_Chrome.jpg

Back