diy solar

diy solar

Was there ever a follow up to the Sol Ark video?

Zwy

Emperor Of Solar
Will started a review of the Sol Ark in a video but I seem unable to find any follow up to it where it was installed and tested. Was there a second video ever created?

No there wasn't. I need to either drive across town and film it, or wait till my building permits pass and install it in one of the new buildings that I planned to do. We are six months delayed by the city currently. Hoping to get update today actually

Reactions: Zwy
What I actually want to do is have sol ark 15K and luxpower 18kpv side by side on a wall and talk about them. That would be good video

Than to have it on my friends wall and me just talking about how it hasn't had any issues. I don't think it would do well really. Kind of boring. "Hey guys will prowse here, the unit works. "

Usually what I like to make videos about is when things fail or break 😂😂 My videos are so boring when things work properly
Maybe this wouldn't be a great video, but I'd like to see one demonstrating the capability of the Sol-Ark 15K with a generator on the Gen input terminals vs Grid terminals. Sol-Ark has downgraded the Gen input functionality. It no longer supports Gen peak shaving. Without Gen peak shaving I wonder what happens if there is a call for the generator to charge the batteries but the load already exceeds the Gen Limit Power setting. I asked Sol-Ark and they said it would throw a fault. :confused: That would be lame functionality. It shouldn't try to connect.

Maybe this wouldn't be a great video, but I'd like to see one demonstrating the capability of the Sol-Ark 15K with a generator on the Gen input terminals vs Grid terminals. Sol-Ark has downgraded the Gen input functionality. It no longer supports Gen peak shaving. Without Gen peak shaving I wonder what happens if there is a call for the generator to charge the batteries but the load already exceeds the Gen Limit Power setting. I asked Sol-Ark and they said it would throw a fault. :confused: That would be lame functionality. It shouldn't try to connect.
If you feel that it worked and want it back then just call them and they will downgrade your firmware.
There official position is that this feature never worked and was just a GUI place holder that would be coded for later.

If you feel that it worked and want it back then just call them and they will downgrade your firmware.
There official position is that this feature never worked and was just a GUI place holder that would be coded for later.
I'm not there yet. Batteries are not in place. I'm making some noise because I want this functionality when my batteries are in place. There is no logical reason why this can work on grid terminals, but not gen terminals.

I have a question then, I read some members are AC coupling grid tie thru the gen port.

Does this affect AC coupling capacity and capability?

I have a question then, I read some members are AC coupling grid tie thru the gen port.

Does this affect AC coupling capacity and capability?
I would have to ask to be sure but I do remember something about a limit on Capacity.

Reactions: Zwy

diy solar

diy solar
Back