diy solar

diy solar

watchpower log files...odd error

rgormley

This problem has got the better of me and I’m putting my hand up for help....

Watchpower is (surprise surprise) actually working ok for me, program runs, can see live stats, can change parameters on the fly, can view log files, charts etc

but! this is odd.... As the program will only log data from the inverter (Power Mr HMS-3K-24V) when the software is running, i have the program set to auto start up during a PC reboot (windows updates, windows craps its self, loss of power etc)
computer is set to turn back on if power failure, or reboot and restart Watchpower program and that works ok....sort of.. read on

if the computer restarts (for whatever reason) Watchpower will auto start (runs from the windows 11 start-up folder) and it DOES run, BUT problem is the logging part simply won’t work, it will ONLY show the last time stamp when it received the last update so if the computer shut down at 11:58am and the program starts it will not get any new updates and the last log i see would is 11:58 NOTHIG newer. the pc may have restarted and be running for 3 hours say it`s 3pm and i will not see any new data.
(only the log files that are not updating) everything else is perfect

experiments

1: if i manually close the program down (from the auto started session) and click the icon for the Watchpower from the desktop it runs and 1 minute later the logs update perfectly... no problem.

2: i took the program out of the auto start-up folder, rebooted the pc and then ran the icon program from the desktop all functions and logs work perfectly.

3: i put the program back the start-up folder (used the the short cut from the desktop as the pointer in the start folder) rebooted the PC, Watchpower auto started as expected, but with no logging (no new update from the inverter)

4: shutdown that session then restarted the program again by clicking the short cut i created in the start-up and everything, all functions work perfectly.

so, i seems the issue is that from it running from a "auto start folder" when windows restarts, stops the loging updates?

Any software gurus out there.? help....!

Back