diy solar

diy solar

Weird production after PTO on solaredge inverters.

Infinus

I recently put together a solaredge system with 27x solarever 455w panels with Enphase IQ8A inverters. Prior to PTO and the installation of a production meter by my utility I ran some tests and production curves appeared as you would expect. The only change was the addition of the meter instead of the metal bars I was using for testing. This meter is after the combiner box but before the main panel.

Following PTO my production got wonky and suddenly seems to kick in suddenly at 10am

What would cause this weird production? The panels are in full sun and the utility production meter along with the Envoy solar production monitor show virtually 0 Production.i thought maybe it was just a reporting issue but seems to be actual production.

I get a blip of production in the morning and then it ceases until 10 and then flows a normal production path the rest of the day.

I’ve attached some photos here the top two are pre PTO and the bottom is post PTO.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_7045.jpeg
    IMG_7045.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
For those wondering or having the same issue: I found a voltage drop coming from the circuit breaker in the main load center leading to the combiner. I moved this breaker up one slot eliminating an open slot between the solar breaker and the one above it and power production seems to have resumed normally.

My assumption is that in the cooler morning that slot was just loose enough to cause issues. Once it got warmer there was enough thermal expansion to maintain contact and not affect production.

Back