diy solar

diy solar

What Mini-Split did you use, and Why?

Yes but doesn’t the outdoor unit circuit board have error codes flashing? It should tell you what’s wrong or point you in the right direction.
Yes, that sounds about right, led's on outdoor unit circuit board.

The problem is if the outdoor unit coil temp sensor just has dropouts or reads incorrectly, it probably won't set a code and the unit will be erratic. That is why I'm leaning towards pulling the sensor and graphing resistance thru the temp range.

It's interesting that you're having the same problem. One of us, and by one of us I mean you or the senville folks that I will be harassing will figure this out and share the info.
I wonder how many people are having this problem.
I've heard Midea makes all of these units and just different brand names.

Isn't Gree in the big picture somewhere?
If you buy different brands like I did, so many similarities. Even remotes are the same.

My Pioneer wi fi adapter will somehow confuse the Senville Alexa wi fi if I rapidly change temp on the Pioneer and the Senville can confuse the Pioneer. One day I'll figure out how to get around that.

I have had a total of three problems with the units I installed, one was a drain issue, broken sensor wire and one customer wanted to save energy and shut power off to the system which forgot it had a wireless thermostat attached. This is over a fifteen years as a Mitsubishi dealer, other than that it is just coil cleaning to keep the efficiency up.

If you buy different brands like I did, so many similarities. Even remotes are the same.

My Pioneer wi fi adapter will somehow confuse the Senville Alexa wi fi if I rapidly change temp on the Pioneer and the Senville can confuse the Pioneer. One day I'll figure out how to get around that.
If you search for mini split remotes on amazon or eBay you'll find lots of similarities. I've heard Midea was one of the main OEMs before, as well as Gree.

I have 9K BTU model in my truck camper. Senville SEER ratings are all over the place, a 36K unit might be 24 while a 24K might be 22 and a dual head 24 is higher.
all the 9k units are higher efficiency, same with eg4
drops a bit at 12k and huge at 24k. Haven't seen those 36k units that are 24 seems like they're very good if so, is it some double unit? usually the X ton units are like .. 12... lol really bad
I figure I'll just get 3x 9000 btu gives me different zones on the house too but it'll be slightly more than necessary since I have like R70 in my attic I almost filled it with cellulose insulation.

Am I silly for wanting only 240v units to keep the legs of inverters balanced?

If you search for mini split remotes on amazon or eBay you'll find lots of similarities. I've heard Midea was one of the main OEMs before, as well as Gree.
yea gree, midea, haier for china
daikin, mitsubishi, fujitsu for japan
(some others for both but those are the most abundant)
a lot of them use the same compressor made in japan, forgot that name

what's interesting about china is the country is sectioned off for production so all of the AC stuff is all produced in the same area, batteries are all in same area, computer stuff all in same area etc.

Last edited:
I got an email yesterday from a tech at senville. I'm pretty sure this guy is the manager of the tech dept. He said they'll definitely find a solution to this problem and asked for my number. When they'll find the solution and when he'll call to fix my shit, I do not know but I'll make sure to post it here.

The remotes for the senville 12k and this floor mount 18k are nearly identical.
Both remotes work with both units. I tried to see if this issue I'm having might be associated with the 18k's remote. Nope.

I got an email yesterday from a tech at senville. I'm pretty sure this guy is the manager of the tech dept. He said they'll definitely find a solution to this problem and asked for my number. When they'll find the solution and when he'll call to fix my shit, I do not know but I'll make sure to post it here.
Sounds like he's aware and experienced the issue before

This might be why one can get such a great "deal" on this unit. I figured there'd be something about it, either that or it's a sale for marketing.
It just so happens to be the only one that does not have the led window that tells the temps & codes.

This unit does kick ass though. It cools and heats much better than I thought it would and puts the downstairs central air unit to shame in both air conditioning quality & power consumption. I don't regret buying it.

This might be why one can get such a great "deal" on this unit. I figured there'd be something about it, either that or it's a sale for marketing.
It just so happens to be the only one that does not have the led window that tells the temps & codes.

This unit does kick ass though. It cools and heats much better than I thought it would and puts the downstairs central air unit to shame in both air conditioning quality & power consumption. I don't regret buying it.
Get one of these: https://www.pioneerminisplit.com/products/pioneer-wireless-smart-ac-controller

You can find these out there cheaper but should give you the idea. I'm thinking of removing the Senville Aura wifi and using one of these instead. Alexa app just plain sucks in comparison.

My EG4 24K showed up yesterday. Minor damage to both boxes but everything inside was OK. Will be a few days before I really start the installation. And I have to make temporary ground mounts for 6ea 3.5'X7' Bifacial panels to power it.

Have a link on what they sent you?

The Senville Alexa wifi just plugs into the USB port.
I don't use the apps for either mini, just the remotes.

I don't use the apps for either mini, just the remotes.
Thanks. I like some app control as I can turn the mini splits on/off, adjust temp or timing remotely.

Would not work with my units. "Compatible with all Concealed Duct and Ceiling Cassette Models Only."

Thanks. I like some app control as I can turn the mini splits on/off, adjust temp or timing remotely.

Would not work with my units. "Compatible with all Concealed Duct and Ceiling Cassette Models Only."
They gave me the breakdown for how this will install on our type of units. It goes straight to the mother board apparently. That's what he told me but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

This morning while trying too balance my batteries I noticed that after turning on the mini, starting at 76*, I went to the inverter to shut down pv production and with the house was using around 300 watts (I think the tv, internet modem, inverter, a couple lights and the fridge were running), the mini was reading as if it was in defrost with the silly little defrost/fan light on, yet it wasn't using any power. I turned it up to 77, waited a minute then up to 78* and it started heating very shortly after.
So, the inside unit it's reading as if it's in defrost, but that's bullshit, unless it's the most advanced, most efficient defrost mode ever.

Back