diy solar

diy solar

Help me Install 3 EG4 Mini Split Solar Heat Pumps

Thanks @justgary and @Plum Crazy Rob, don't assume I know anything lol.
No assumptions made at all. I don't mind having someone remind me to check the basics any time I start diagnosing problems, so I assumed you wouldn't either.

I'm glad it is fixed!

are we able to use mr.cool's extended linesets on any of the EG4 systems?
That is a good question, since the linesets likely use aeroquip compatible sealed ends, the lines would be precharged for the system size... should be ok, if the equipment supports the line length.

OK So ... Copper Bending

I have to bend the copper tubing coming out of the 12k unit so that it exits 180* out the other side.

Do you think it is best to bend it end over end, or 180* counter clockwise around the bottom?

View attachment 149583

I am currently taking steps to install this 12k unit and as shown, the tubing is routed backwards from the right side and has to be bent. I am deathly afraid of effing this up.
Can anyone give me a clue about what worked for you?

Last edited:
I am currently taking steps to install this 12k unit and as shown, the tubing is routed backwards from the right side and has to be bent. I am deathly afraid of effing this up.
Usually, the lines attached to the blower are wrapped in a spring.
They prevent kinks.
If not, and you have to bend a lot...
Get bending springs for the size tubing.

And/Or purchase a set of Bending Mandrels

I was going to use a cheap bending tool since I can't see how to use a spring while the tubing have permanent connectors. It seems the bending tool has enough room if it's used before mounting the unit. Or am I missing something?
5958-800x800.jpg

I was going to use a cheap bending tool since I can't see how to use a spring while the tubing have permanent connectors. It seems the bending tool has enough room if it's used before mounting the unit. Or am I missing something?
5958-800x800.jpg
They thread on like a keyring

Ok, I did a little research on them earlier and I didn't see that. They were either slid over the pipe end or into the pipe. I'll look into that, thanks.
Of course they are much easier to put on without an end on it, but they can be threaded on and off.

Okay I think the problem has been solved! Look at my voltage reading again… sonuva! My wires are flipped and that is reading a negative voltage. I did change MC4 connectors so clearly I mixed those up when I flipped them ugh what a rookie mistake! New MC4 connectors ordered and I will flip the two.

View attachment 208540
Okay, closing the loop on this one! Finally got a chance to flip things and we are good to go! Thanks all for your help!

IMG_2831.jpeg

Back