diy solar

diy solar

When the batteries are empty, the generator enters the system

joaa

Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a PV system that I installed a year ago. The problem is as follows:

When the batteries are empty, the generator enters the system to charge the batteries and supply loads to the home. What is strange is that the generator may charge the batteries without providing loads to the house, yet the led signal remains illuminated, indicating that there is an AC out. Is the issue with the ATS contactors?

Would need more details about your system, to answer.
The system is made up of three inverters that sync with each other to form a three-phase system; each phase's inverter can deliver up to 33 amps; there are 60kwh lithium-ion batteries; and 50 PV panels with separate chargers (they arent embeded in the inverter)

As seen in the image above, the led lights of the ac out and ac in are turned on, and the batteries are charging, but the problem is that there is no electricity for the house

However, it could be a setting in the inverter to not pass charging ac to the house.

I'm not familiar with that model. But have you tried rebooting the whole system?

Believe that is a low freq inverter.

Lower cost units do not manage the AC pass-through current. The available generator power is consumed by AC output loads and/or charging. If charging is taking most of the available generator power then nothing is left for AC loads. If you try to add AC output loads it will just overload generator likely causing inverter to release pass-through connection to generator which also stops battery charging.

You can get more power for AC output if you back down charging bulk current level to reduce generator power taken for charging.

More expensive units have load shaving and AC input current limiting where AC input current maximum can be user set based on generator capability. Available AC input current set limit gives priority to AC output loads by automatically backing down charging power taken. If you have battery power available and AC out loads exceed AC input user set limit then battery power/inverter supplements generator power to keep AC input within user set limit and supplies the overage of AC output load via battery power.

Back