diy solar

diy solar

Where can I get the Victron graphic system design tool?

RobBehr

Hi Folks, I keep seeing videos showing schematics of Victron system and all of the schematics appear to be made in the same graphic designer. Does a Victron graphic designer exist or is there some other handy tool? Thanks, Rob

Reach out to Nate, he's a Victron Ambassador and uses those diagrams extensively... tell him Jen sent you, it won't mean anything and he won't recognise the name but I like messing with his head, he's a great guy and a fellow Canuckistanian.... you know what to do with the below email address to make it work... also check out his Youtube channel..

Nate AT EXPLORIST.life

... and check out his web page (you can find it via the G'monster "type it into a box, it'll magically appear" thingamajiggy.

Jen

Reach out to Nate, he's a Victron Ambassador and uses those diagrams extensively... tell him Jen sent you, it won't mean anything and he won't recognise the name but I like messing with his head, he's a great guy and a fellow Canuckistanian.... you know what to do with the below email address to make it work... also check out his Youtube channel..

Nate AT EXPLORIST.life

... and check out his web page (you can find it via the G'monster "type it into a box, it'll magically appear" thingamajiggy.

Jen
Thanks, Jen! BTW, on the subject of Canada, I'm a big Frank Marino fan. Frank Marino - Live at the Agora Theatre - Something's Comin' Our Way - YouTube -- Rob

Thanks, Jen! BTW, on the subject of Canada, I'm a big Frank Marino fan. Frank Marino - Live at the Agora Theatre - Something's Comin' Our Way - YouTube -- Rob
Great video…. He played for 12 hours that day… whew, lots of good stuff came out of the great white north when I was a kid, Terry Jacks, Burton Cummings, The Guess Who, BTO, Chilliwack, Loverboy, Rush (and of course Bob & Doug/SCTV).

30 years of therapy shot to hell with one forum post…. LOL… serious memories in this music… a lot has changed… Burton sang on Howard Stern in 94, posted a year ago (it’s on YouTube) and it was like it was back in 76 again….identical.

now close your eyes and listen to this one….. it never gets old, they may get older but old…NEVER

Last edited:
LOL! A few pounds heavier. And he can't hit those high notes like he used to. Still good music.
The voice seems to go first, but instrumental capability seems to perpetuate. I'll give him credit for not falling into the autotune regenerated vocal thing.

LOL! A few pounds heavier. And he can't hit those high notes like he used to. Still good music.
You boys wanna see a disapearing high note, this is Burton's performance on Stern... anyone know a good glass smith, I feel a breeze in here.... LOL

Did you have any luck with Nate on the graphics stuff you were looking for?

Reach out to the following if you're still hearing crickets....

Rich Shea or Justin Larrabee (both at the same address shown below of salesUSACanuckleheadistan@Victron..yadd yadda yadda

sales(3 letters for country we live in starts with U ends with A)Canada@victronenergy.com can also be found here if my cryptologist skills are too confusing. https://www.victronenergy.com/contact

Rich Shea or Justin Larrabee (both at the same address shown below of salesUSACanuckleheadistan@Victron..yadd yadda yadda

sales(3 letters for country we live in starts with U ends with A)Canada@victronenergy.com can also be found here if my cryptologist skills are too confusing. https://www.victronenergy.com/contact
Thanks for following up! He hasn't responded, but after looking at his site, he sells schematics as a product, so he's not likely to reveal to tool of his trade. I'll contact the others and see what they have to say. But, if I don't get a solution from them, I can import graphics into my TurboCAD and go from there.

I emailed him and asked as well (just now) and I also invited him to jump into the thread and chat... we'll see if we get a response..

Jen

Nate got back to me. He uses Visio with a combination of Victron clip art and entities he created. Thanks!

Nate got back to me. He uses Visio with a combination of Victron clip art and entities he created. Thanks!
FANTASTIC... that's great and I knew in my heart he wasn't the type to not share....he sells schematics but that's not what you wanted, I mentioned that in my email to him... great job Nate if you happen to read this... that's awesome of you and please join the forum if you have not already, you have a lot to add knowledge wise here...

Jen

1625841272404.png

I considered Visio. It would work way better than PowerPoint. But I don't have the right version of Office that includes Visio. I ended up using draw.io (aka https://app.diagrams.net/) for the component presentation and Sketchup to layout the devices in a to-scale drawing to make sure everything would fit the compartment.

Back