diy solar

diy solar

Victron 100/20 Under Performing in a 6S Battery (24V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd ball battery has nothing to do with it. The SCC manual says it works at any voltage from 12V to 48V. I am well above 12V, even if the battery is dead at 18V, by 6V. The SCC is suppose to work!

If such a limitation exists then point to Victron specifc document that says your claim.
YOU STILL HAVEN'T POSTED YOUR SETTINGS!!!
Waste of time. I'm out.

Ok, after digging through all the pages of this thread, th OP has a single 375W panel on a roof mount.
They have it connected to its own victron 100/20 controller with unknown charge parameters.
Connected to an unknown battery configuration with charge parameters of lvd of 20V and hvd of 25.
Apparently we are not allowed to know requested specifics, but he wants to know why the controller will not output over 290W
Well...

At 24V the max amps a 375W panel can produce is 15.625A
Since this would be perfect temp, perfect sun angle... it cant do that.
Odds are good, the sun angle and temp of the panel tops out around 290W, resulting in the flaw...

Yup, the scc should output 20V at 20A...

If 400+W are reaching it from the panel...

Since you have a single 375 panel imcapable of outputting 400W...

I will blame the panel areangement.
I don't need 400W, I need all watts being produced to be delivered to the battery. That's assuming the manufacture's claims of 90 - 99% efficiency. But you concede that at 20V and 400W, 20A should be sent to the battery. Now how about 350W - 330W @ 20A? It's should be around 16 - 17A. Worst case around 15A. We never see above 7A. 15A * 200 would be 300W out of 330W is the worst case of 90%. We are 1/2 that number.
P.S.
Please lock the thread.

Please lock the thread.

It is indeed pointless when you claim that people need to know battery chemistry and size of cells etc when they have nothing to do with the voltage and current going into a battery. It makes NO difference.

Questions like exact Voc - do they need the decimal point? A .2V is not going to make a beans difference.

If you believe the panel was not producing 330 - 350W at midday with sun direct and clear, I cannot change your opinion. The chemistry of a battery makes no difference to how many amps at what volts it can consume. It either can or cant. What's next blame the fact that this is a 60 cell solar panel and not conventional 72 cell panel?

The Multiplus has a charger, at 20V battery voltage, we have set charge of 30A and the battery absorbed it just fine. So that means battery voltage, chemistry has nothing to do with this. It has to be MPPT.

If you claim that MPPT does not take watts in and delivery all watts up to the max rated amps available to the load/battery that makes no sense. Why the world would anybody engineer such a thing?

I myself am weary of this and was just looking around to see if I could stop comments. So, please lock it.

Thank you in advance for doing this.
Without the specifics of the panel it is difficult to know what the issue is. 350W from a 375W panel seems reasonable as long as the voltage of the panel stays above the minimum input voltage of the controller...
Since we do not have panel specifics, i guess we will have to close the thread.

I am sorry we were not able to help you understand the issues your setup has.

Please feel free to post a new thread requesting help.

Mayne the next people that offer help will be better able to assist uou with vauge details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back