diy solar

diy solar

Where do I Start I have a system.

chamilon

I live in Apopka Fl Rural Orange County. About 2 years ago I purchased a used complete solar system from a house. The system includes 36 310 watt panels with IQ7 micro inverters. My current plans were to not put on my roof but to build a pergola above my patio 20’x40’ that would hold all the panels I would like to do this myself and correctly where do I start?

Attachments

• IMG_4814.jpeg
    IMG_4814.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4815.jpeg
    IMG_4815.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 1
Start with learning how to connect one panel sitting on the ground. You will learn the utility requirements to connect to the grid. If you figure that out, then spend the money on the pergola, etc.

Ok sorry let me rewind a second the system is pretty much plug and play. What I’m asking is how do I start for designing/permitting I kind of wanted to know where to start. I’ve called local county building code/permitting and they weren’t much help. One of my questions is because the system will be on a pergola “not attached to my house” is it essentially following a ground mount building code or roof mount

I am in pretty much the same boat as you are. Purchased a Enphase system that was installed but never activated. So I have all of the equipment and learning how to install it. First step I did was go and talk to the City Permit office and ask them what they needed. Then started reading a lot on Enphase and the equipment that I have. That is where I learned that this is a pretty simple system to install or pretty much plug & play. Signed up at Enphase so I can go through their free University and get Certified to install and activate Enphase systems. Hired a guy on Fiverr and for $50 he did a whole drawing and layout of my system on my house and that helped a lot to get a good idea of how I will install it and run the wiring. But his drawings are not Engineered Stamped which my city may or may not need. The other thing my city is requesting is a Wind Load Certification and I haven't crossed that bridge yet. But I am on my way to be able to get my Enphase system installed and up and running. Buying parts on eBay that I will need like racking parts that need to be replaced. Once I understand a little more I will probably be looking for replacement Q Cable for the microinverters due to the current wires being cut when they took the system down off the roof. After a week of reading I am feeling a lot better on how simple this whole process will me.

Back