diy solar

diy solar

Which one of you is this?

AntronX

DC Powered
Looking at the same house in google earth, there appears to have been a huge increase in the solar panel count since then.

The extension cords provide easy access for the firefighters. It's called rapid shutdown. lol

A member would have had access to better advice and direction from the forum, and would have been directed to proper/better installation ?
I wonder if the battery bank was Li-Ion cells?
Imagine:
-PV panels just laying unsecured on a roof, In Florida, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Seriously though, glad no one was hurt, but this type of thing will only lead to more regulations, inspections, limits on what DIY will be allowed to do = not good for us. I suggest we all pay attention to our friends/family/co-workers/neighbours and try to influence them to avoid this stuff as best we can.

A member would have had access to better advice and direction from the forum, and would have been directed to proper/better installation ?
I wonder if the battery bank was Li-Ion cells?
Imagine:
-PV panels just laying unsecured on a roof, In Florida, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Seriously though, glad no one was hurt, but this type of thing will only lead to more regulations, inspections, limits on what DIY will be allowed to do = not good for us. I suggest we all pay attention to our friends/family/co-workers/neighbours and try to influence them to avoid this stuff as best we can.
Exactly what I was thinking.
I mean, why in Florida, peak location for hurricane forces, would anybody ACTUALLY SECURE panels on a roof... gravity is fine and dandy...

I guess so!!
- considering the level of "safety" applied to what we CAN SEE, we should not be too surprised by what WE CAN'T SEE! LOL

Back