diy solar

diy solar

Who is actually manufacturing this inverter?

Still seems a bit of misinformation. Outback has had "hybrid" inverters for over 15 years now. I have the FX3648 which allowed me to sell back to utility, charge from grid, auto-switch to backup when grid goes down, run completely off-grid, etc. It was also designed to mount onto a large metal mounting plate that also accepts AC breaker compartment on left side (space for couple dozen(?) breakers) and DC compartment on right side (about dozen breaker spaces including space for large 175A DC breakers). So all this existed long ago it's just in a better format today.

I mean... you want to do ANY research?

Here's what gets me about the trolls / USA haters who don't believe when the CEO of the company comes onto this forum to spell out the relationship between Sol-Ark and Deye. Fine - for the sake of this assumption, put yourself in the mindset of a troll who believes the USA is incapable of doing anything manufacturing related and China dominates us to the point where we are all dum dums and China does all the innovation. If you believe Deye owns the inverter, and not Sol-Ark... then compare Deye against Luxpower... Deye revenue is around $800 million / year. Luxpower revenue is around $5 million / year (2022 from what I can find online). Which of those Chinese OEMs do you want making your inverter?
I have to correct you here, buddy, regarding some minor facts, @jrcromer. Unfortunately (or fortunately for us), the revenue of LuxPower you mentioned(5M$) is missing more than just one "zero" after 5. A $5 million revenue cannot cover the expenses of over 100 employees that we have.
Besides, I don't want to hide any basic truth here, we don't manufacture products by ourselves; instead, we have two manufacturing partners who produce goods for us based on our instructions and the components we purchase. These contracted factories are well-organized (public companies in China), primarily catering to Japanese customers with critical quality standards.

By the way, Deye's original business was making inverters (till today) for several large air conditioner manufacturers. Hence, the $500 million in their sales revenue is not solely from solar inverters.

Your example doesn't make any sense but there is no need for hyperbolic cynicism.

Sir just a suggestion.... this is the internet, step back take a big breath... and grow a thicker skin. people are going to attack you and the company you work for day in and day out. its a part of the territory. I have to deal with this on the micro level with my itty bitty company... trust me i had a Sailor, a chief on a ship bad mouthing my company, about work on another ship which he had not seen, via a third hand source. This was in a pre project meeting and i looked at the prime vendor sighed and let him address it.

it happens, its annoying grow a thicker skin is my suggestion, your blood pressure will be lower and your arteries will thank you. Remember no matter what happens... the sun will rise tomorrow.

Interesting, I had not looked at Luxpower until this Thread brought it to my attention. I do like that they have a smaller KW model designed more for the off grid folks rather than the grid tie/hybrid users. Grid as backup is great. Grid parallel introduces problems. Don't know all of the specs from a quick perusal. Nor what their price is or who sells them. Do not care for some comments on the web site that seem to indicate they want to go the route of certified installers and internet connected stuff.
well i just looked at it and they do not offer jack squat for information on the specs of the 12k inverter... how clean is the power, whats the temperature deregulation like what are its operating perameters and values.... nothing... just a bunch of easy to assimilate hookup instructions and nothing more.. good for a nonthinker i think.. not much esle as far as their documentation goes.

as to Chinese quality control... the (larger) Japanese companies send employees over on rotation to observe and critique the QC on a daily basis... at every level.. so if I am selling a yamaha designed suitcase generator that uses a denyo designed generator head, then yamaha will have QC people at the assembly plant, the plant that casts the pistons, and con rods as well as case's maybe even at the bearing manufacture... meanwhile denyo will have the same going on at their china plant to ensure that the genset heads they sell yamaha will be of the same quality. thats how you get quality control at a chinese plant.. not by visiting once or twice a year and taking the limo tour.

I wish we could just convince Sol-Ark to be open about all this stuff. I.e give us the whole truth
I gave up on this a long time ago. Honesty is not in their vocabulary. They would be better off if they just didn't say anything. When you have a good product. It will sell itself, without any marketing bs.
I don't know why they aren't confident in their own products.

I gave up on this a long time ago. Honesty is not in their vocabulary. They would be better off if they just didn't say anything. When you have a good product. It will sell itself, without any marketing bs.
I don't know why they aren't confident in their own products.
I cannot comment on this in regards to anything they have done. In regards to this post my thoughts are above... some people just need to STFU and let things roll. if the product is good, then folks will beat your door down regardless of other considerations.

I'm curious as to why its so important to understand the history of where these products originated and who was "first"... Seems like there might be an unreasonable amount of emphasis placed on the origins of the products rather than focusing on the merits of the current technology and what may be coming next...

I'm curious as to why its so important to understand the history of where these products originated and who was "first"... Seems like there might be an unreasonable amount of emphasis placed on the origins of the products rather than focusing on the merits of the current technology and what may be coming next...
Because my Ford is better than your Chevy.

Some people are upset because they feel misled. They feel like they were led to believe that Sol-Ark is American made. That matters to some people. Who did it first? Well, that matters to some people because leaders tend to have the most up to date product out there. They tend to know their product better because they created it. Personally, I look at track record.

Based of what I’ve seen from Solark products they really seem solid. But their original letter in response to the EG4 18kpv release was so condescending. It really wasn’t a good look for them.

Based of what I’ve seen from Solark products they really seem solid. But their original letter in response to the EG4 18kpv release was so condescending. It really wasn’t a good look for them.
It's just Texans trashing other Texans, happens in every bar here on Fridays lol.

Speaking of that, @jrcromer ought to consider joining the republic and moving down here.

Still seems a bit of misinformation. Outback has had "hybrid" inverters for over 15 years now. I have the FX3648 which allowed me to sell back to utility, charge from grid, auto-switch to backup when grid goes down, run completely off-grid, etc. It was also designed to mount onto a large metal mounting plate that also accepts AC breaker compartment on left side (space for couple dozen(?) breakers) and DC compartment on right side (about dozen breaker spaces including space for large 175A DC breakers). So all this existed long ago it's just in a better format today.

Doesn't a "hybrid" inverter have to contain an MPPT or some kind of solar charge controller as well ?

Isn't a "hybrid" different than an "All In One" ?

OutBack does not have that AIO features without the external MPPT chargers.

boB

Besides, I don't want to hide any basic truth here, we don't manufacture products by ourselves; instead, we have two manufacturing partners who produce goods for us based on our instructions and the components we purchase. These contracted factories are well-organized (public companies in China), primarily catering to Japanese customers with critical quality standards.
Now I'm dying to know who manufactures luxpower inverters. Anyone know?

Now I'm dying to know who manufactures luxpower inverters. Anyone know?
Well, I was in the factory...

Lux is the IP owner, they have a tier 1 manufacturer do the assembly and PCB build. very impressed with the facility and the QC process on each unit. they run for 4 hours before being packed in your box.
Their assembly shop doesn't sell anything, they just assemble to design. some very big names are made in the same factory as well btw...
all this to say the buck stops with Lux and for needing the applications engineering support, ongoing troubleshooting, and driving improvements as well as maintaining warranty support in the united states we found a good partnership that works very well and provides a very competitive experience which drives down the cost of solar (and apparently our competition as well)

Last edited:
Back