diy solar

diy solar

Wiring for 2 eg4 6500ex off grid with by pass from main

vietxtlife

im want to install 2 eg4 6500 ex split phase, make them off grid with by pass from grid. Any idea how, thank you!!!

Do you think about a typical "generator" solution with a manual transfer switch like this:

1705959332493.png

All the components in the Solar-Generator green box, beside the PV panels and the battery, are integrated in the EG4-6500EX. I'm using this type of setup for my system. I've done this simplified drawing to show the building department that it's a "generator" solution where the generator is not powered from gas but instead from sun/battery - finally I've got my building permit for this system.

Here is the system in more detail:
1705959642033.png

I just did this at my house -
I actually have another thread i opened this morning looking for input on it.

It has been running for 2 months with no issue but the Common Neutral seems to be controversial

1706022032719.png

thanks guys, by the way about the ground i was thinking about to have 1 common ground for the whole system. Like from my main panel running red black white and green for ground to my 2 inverters, than for the inverters out put only run the red black and white back to my sub panel for the ground i just bond it to the grid in ground. Does that work Or no?

Back