diy solar

diy solar

WISH ME LUCK!

BrendanK

Heading down to install my off-grid solar power system this morning.
Actually it's technically two separate systems: one on the main house and one on the garage/studio space.
Panels were installed a month ago:
5 x LG395Q1C-A6 panels on the studio and 20 x LG395Q1C-A6 panels in two 10 panel strings on the main house.

Main house:
EG4 18Kpv
Victron Lynx distributor used as a busbar to connect the 12 Lifepower4 48V batteries. 60kWh total
IMO solar isolator

Studio/garage:
EG4 6000ex -48
current connected 200A busbars
IMO solar isolator
3 Lifepower4 batteries 15kWh total

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I haven't ever installed anything like this. I'm excited and nervous.
I'll post pics during and after.
If you have questions or comments I'll do my best to address them.

QUESTION:

if I have 2 of the EG4 server racks feeding my inverter does the communication cable go from inverter to the first server rack then out the bottom of the first server rack into the top of the second rack?

UPDATE!
Just got back. Did not finish the entire job but made a ton of progress. I have attached a couple photos (not sure why they got rotated when I uploaded them).
Ran 10 gauge PV wire for all my panels to the homer, got the PV isolators in, hooked up all my AC lines.
Will finish the job at the end of the month once the electrician has come and put in the fixtures and outlets.
Glad to have this part of the job out of the way. Just moving the nearly 2000# of batteries and racks was a huge step

Attachments

• tempImageoBrvXd.png
    tempImageoBrvXd.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • tempImagexshp6m.png
    tempImagexshp6m.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Back