diy solar

diy solar

Working on a solar install for an off road camper...

Mad_Texan

Hello,

I have kind of jumped into this but I have been building a camping overland type vehicle for a while. I'm finally to the point of really starting to concentrate on the solar side of things. I originally was going to do AGM's but after reading a lot and watching some of Will's videos my mind is changed. So much so I have an order in process with Amy from Xuba on some 280Ah cells. I will get some more info together about my vehicle and goals in a later post.

John

Hello,

I have kind of jumped into this but I have been building a camping overland type vehicle for a while. I'm finally to the point of really starting to concentrate on the solar side of things. I originally was going to do AGM's but after reading a lot and watching some of Will's videos my mind is changed. So much so I have an order in process with Amy from Xuba on some 280Ah cells. I will get some more info together about my vehicle and goals in a later post.

John

Welcome to the forums.

I'm excited to see how your system develops. I love overland type builds

Dzl, Thanks for the welcome!

Just went through some hoops with Citi but my payment finally processed on my cells from Xuba!

How are you mounting them?

In my design I have a location that I was intending to use for two group 31 batteries that has aluminum frame for a hold down. I am currently working on how I will hold them together. I've been looking for a box but at the moment it's currently undecided.

Attachments

• IMG_8431.JPG
    IMG_8431.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 2
I am currently working towards getting solar on my roof of my camper and exploring different ways to mount them up there. Any ideas are appreciated.

I am currently working towards getting solar on my roof of my camper and exploring different ways to mount them up there. Any ideas are appreciated.

I admit that is one thing I haven't totally decided on. It really depends in the panels, flexible or rigid. If I do rigid panels I will build a frame from extruded aluminum to mount them to.

Back