diy solar

diy solar

WZRELB 3000W 48V 120V RBP-300048 Standby Current?

retrodog

I've been looking at this inverter:

But while watching a YouTube video, the guy mentioned that it uses 40W when nothing is running. One of the guys who answered a question about it on Amazon indicated measured data that was more around 12W. Does anybody have any data on this unit that would show accurate numbers?

I'd like to upgrade my development system from 24V to 48V but don't like the idea of using 960W of power for just keeping the inverter on.

I can't comment on that unit specifically. I have the 24V/2kW version, but it's not currently accessible or hooked up.

Do you know your existing idle draw? You might find that your current system has a higher than desirable idle draw.

My Victron has 27W vs. 30W published. The cheap high frequency inverters like that one tend to use more per kW. 40W sounds a little on the high side, but I would expect 30-40W.

I can't comment on that unit specifically. I have the 24V/2kW version, but it's not currently accessible or hooked up.

Do you know your existing idle draw? You might find that your current system has a higher than desirable idle draw.

My Victron has 27W vs. 30W published. The cheap high frequency inverters like that one tend to use more per kW. 40W sounds a little on the high side, but I would expect 30-40W.
I will go out and test the Giandel when this weather event clears off. Nothing but rain, rain, rain now... and still feel lucky that it's not ice and snow... yet.

I've been looking at this inverter:

But while watching a YouTube video, the guy mentioned that it uses 40W when nothing is running. One of the guys who answered a question about it on Amazon indicated measured data that was more around 12W. Does anybody have any data on this unit that would show accurate numbers?

I'd like to upgrade my development system from 24V to 48V but don't like the idea of using 960W of power for just keeping the inverter on.
I have the 12 volt version of that inverter. One review I saw was about .6 amps standby so 30-40 watts on a 48 volt is probably close. My 12 volt 4000 watt AIMS LF inverter draws 50 watts on stand by. If you have enough solar and battery that's very easily made up.

Attachments

• 20210222_165032.jpg
    20210222_165032.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 3
I have the same WZRELB 48V inverter, about six years old, and I see about 33W idle.

Back