diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang BMS - settings

Giela

Newbie in Lifepo4 build for my RV
Hi all,

I bought these BMS for my 100ah Calb lifepo4 battery. It's all working fine and connecting with bluetooth. I use the iPhone app. Only when I check the BMS settings there is no date filled in. Is there somewhere a settinglist for Lifepo4 settings?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4463.PNG
    IMG_4463.PNG
    234.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_4462.PNG
    IMG_4462.PNG
    255.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
And the iPhone app is waiting for the data. I do not get any information about the BMS. It just stays on that screen. Someone an idea about that?

Try this :
On the main page go down to the bottom right and click on ‘Config’
Then on that page go down to the bottom row and click on ‘Bms Settings’
Then on that page go to the top left and click on ‘BMS Read’ and you will see the fields being populated.
You can change the settings here as well and then click on ‘Save Configuration’ . Unfortunately when you go back to the main page and back to the settings menus again you must repeat the process , so better save any changes first as a new config.

Let me know how it works out.

Last edited:
Try this :
On the main page go down to the bottom right and click on ‘Config’
Then on that page go down to the bottom row and click on ‘Bms Settings’
Then on that page go to the top left and click on ‘BMS Read’ and you will see the fields being populated.
You can change the settings here as well and then click on ‘Save Configuration’ . Unfortunately when you go back to the main page and back to the settings menus again you must repeat the process , so better save any changes first as a new config.

Let me know how it works out.

Problem is I can't use that screen. It is still waiting to received data ;(

Is your main screen showing data like battery voltage and the individual cell voltages ? Is your iPad / iPhone connected to the BMS via Bluetooth and is it working ? The blue light on the dongle will be on whilst communications are running.

You need to click read at the top of the page. it will populate with the current settings, adjust what you want and then write it back.

I had the same problem, could not connect via BT. So I started to measure the voltage from it. Battery voltage 28,5V, output from BMS before activation 9,2V and after activation (2s pulse) 8,5V. So did I get a defect BMS or what's going on here? Red leds flashing but that's all.

Also tried to connect a power supply at 27V to the -C and battery positive but it would not charge anything.

Do have problems connecting it to Bluetooth, anybody an idea?? It connects with the app (at least the blue light is on) but the screen keeps the way as the print screen I attached. Someone, please?

Not working on iPhone with IOS13.5.1 and Note 10 with Android 10

Attachments

• IMG_4761.PNG
    IMG_4761.PNG
    189.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Do have problems connecting it to Bluetooth, anybody an idea?? It connects with the app (at least the blue light is on) but the screen keeps the way as the print screen I attached. Someone, please?

Lets see the screen before that. You should have a demo one and then your BMS with Mac address and signal strength show up.

These are the android permissions.

Did you grant this thing all the permissions it wants?
Personally speaking I wouldn't.

This app has access to:
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20-rw
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20-rw
Photos / Media / Files
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20-rw
Storage
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20-rw
Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • full network access
  • prevent device from sleeping

These are the android permissions.

Did you grant this thing all the permissions it wants?
Personally speaking I wouldn't.

This app has access to:
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20-rw
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20-rw
Photos / Media / Files
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20-rw
Storage
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20-rw
Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • full network access
  • prevent device from sleeping
Does it need location??

Any solutions? i have the same issue now. the bluetooth unit is connected but no data. reset is playing no role.

Attachments

• IMG_6931.PNG
    IMG_6931.PNG
    204.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6932.PNG
    IMG_6932.PNG
    205.9 KB · Views: 45
Nope, still no solution. I try to charge the battery, it gives the right voltages at the output but I can't monitor. Did you tried it on a Android phone as well?

Nope, still no solution. I try to charge the battery, it gives the right voltages at the output but I can't monitor. Did you tried it on a Android phone as well?
Unfortunately, all my devices are Apple. tried on a pc using Android virtual machine yet it seems there's Bluetooth connectivity support issue and in turn, couldn't get it connected.

I really don't know the problem. The seller is saying there is an iPhone app coming july 20 but they can't help me further or with anything else.
Don't really want to buy another one. I ordered a Daly BMS insteadbut they, according to Daly Shop, don't have any balance function while it says it has :(

So I also went for an active balancer in combination of the Daly BMS. I will try the Xiaoxiang once in while then. Don't know what to do anymore.

Daly BMS doesn't have a balance function? they claim they do have right?
my current BMS is:
but another Daly is coming. its 200a BMS and if that does not balance. I'm gonna so pissed with those DIYs now.
my Daly is:
they both claim board balance. looks like I got a long way to go as if I had not enough with those parts and pieces already :(

Daly BMS doesn't have a balance function? they claim they do have right?
my current BMS is:
but another Daly is coming. its 200a BMS and if that does not balance. I'm gonna so pissed with those DIYs now.
my Daly is:
they both claim board balance. looks like I got a long way to go as if I had not enough with those parts and pieces already :(

I have the same, only the Daly 120a BMS version. They made all the wires exactly as I ask which was great. But when I tried it on a "unbalanced" battery (60mv apart of eachother) it did not balance.

I asked the seller from of which MV difference they will balance but they don't say. They also say the BMS do have passive balance function, not active. But as far as I can see, they don't... for now I use my BattGO B8S for monitoring and balancing. Waiting on the active balancing to arrive. Come to ask, why they don't build an BMS with an active balancer and protection in one. It's just not 100% what you need...

Back