diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang BMS - settings

I have the same, only the Daly 120a BMS version. They made all the wires exactly as I ask which was great. But when I tried it on a "unbalanced" battery (60mv apart of eachother) it did not balance.

I asked the seller from of which MV difference they will balance but they don't say. They also say the BMS do have passive balance function, not active. But as far as I can see, they don't... for now I use my BattGO B8S for monitoring and balancing. Waiting on the active balancing to arrive. Come to ask, why they don't build an BMS with an active balancer and protection in one. It's just not 100% what you need...
that is messed up. somewhat fed up with those aliexpress seller's shady description. let me get this right? I got the 100a one, you say only the 120a, does that mean the rest balances?

On most BMS’s the balance function is a non-event. Monitor your cells and balance manually with a decent PSU when required.

that is messed up. somewhat fed up with those aliexpress seller's shady discription. let me get this right? I got the 200a one, you say only the 120a, does that mean the rest balances?

I don't know if the rest balance. I just started using my Daly BMS this week so I have the figure out a bit more. But yes, the discription of those sellers is not really good. The Xiaoziang should, on paper, be the one for me but it isn't really reliable..

The Daly looks very well build but for me I would like to have the active balance function on it and to watch it over bluetooth or even a screen would be perfect.

We are all waiting for reports on the performance and reliability of the Smart Daly - until then the jury is out.
For now I will stick to my trusty JBD that has been working great with all my experiments and builds.

But that also doesn't have a (capable) balance function right?
You are correct. Balance current only about 30mA - I have given up on BMS’s balancing the packs. I monitor and balance as required. The better the quality of the cells you buy the less the intervention.

You are correct. Balance current only about 30mA - I have given up on BMS’s balancing the packs. I monitor and balance as required. The better the quality of the cells you buy the less the intervention.

That's true. What is, in your opinion, a good balanced set of cells? How many MV difference is your reference?

That's true. What is, in your opinion, a good balanced set of cells? How many MV difference is your reference?
The lower the cells delta the better. On my current A grade pack I get 3 - 7mV on the flat portion of the curve. I think
50 - 80mV will be quite good.

The lower the cells delta the better. On my current A grade pack I get 3 - 7mV on the flat portion of the curve. I think
50 - 80mV will be quite good.

Okay, the seller of my grade A CALB cells told me that a difference of 0,2V is normal. I got a better difference, 13mv while charging.

Okay, the seller of my grade A CALB cells told me that a difference of 0,2V is normal. I got a better difference, 13mv while charging.
Charge results are great. Please post your discharge results as well. 200mV for CALB cells seem a bit high.

Hi all,

I bought these BMS for my 100ah Calb lifepo4 battery. It's all working fine and connecting with bluetooth. I use the iPhone app. Only when I check the BMS settings there is no date filled in. Is there somewhere a settinglist for Lifepo4 settings?

Thanks!
Hey, I figured out. it worked now. also, to have the config option had to pay a $5.99 app upgrade fee. anyhow. I'm not sure if you've made a similar mistake like me that after connecting the balance leads differently or other words correctly perhaps, like the first black to the first negative and the red to the last positive like two ends of the battery right and then adding the wite ones in between to positive, it worked. previously I connected the red positive to the other side of the first negative and perhaps that's why it didn't show the data. that said, again, try the red to the first positive, black to first native and the white ones in between positive. after doing that, mine worked. showed data...but to be able to set your desired config app asked to upgrade to the pro version with 5.99 bucks. hope it helps :). also, as I'm not yet that explicit with every setting on the BMS side, I did not change any parameters. left it as it. if you're gonna do the same as not adjusting any settings, I do not think it's worth paying the pro-fee of the app. also as shows in the image, I'm not sure if the reading is correct from the app because I did read every series voltage with multimeter and they are even but the reading in the app obviously is not the same with multimeter reading. not sure why. let me know if you can get the readings by potentially correcting the leads.

Attachments

• IMG_6941.PNG
    IMG_6941.PNG
    311.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Back