diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Doubt about what? I'm not telling you whats not already been discussed here on this forum. They are good cells. I own 8 of them, but they are NOT EVE cells.

The numbers you see around the QR code are the numbers you will get out of the code if you find a reader that can read the code.

The numbers you see around the QR code are the numbers you will get out of the code if you find a reader that can read the code.
I tried using Google for 02YCB66710000J8BX0000024 and got nothing that it can find.

The only return for 02YCB66710000J is this forum....

My phone is suppose to have a QR scanner built in, but I can't get it to work.

My daughter tried with her iPhone and didn't get a return for the QR Code, either.

Last edited:
So Been out in the oilfields for the last four days trying to help the guys figure out how to pump gas BACK into the wells -- LOL ... Every single container from here to CA is FULL -- to include all the ships -- gas is already below a $1 in some of the towns out here ... This COVID virus thing has caused a 45% decrease in oil consumption -- BUT I digress...

SOOO - what is the best deal anyone is getting for (4) or (8) 280aH 3.2 LFP batteries from XUBA right now ???

Thx

So Been out in the oilfields for the last four days trying to help the guys figure out how to pump gas BACK into the wells -- LOL ... Every single container from here to CA is FULL -- to include all the ships -- gas is already below a $1 in some of the towns out here ... This COVID virus thing has caused a 45% decrease in oil consumption -- BUT I digress...

SOOO - what is the best deal anyone is getting for (4) or (8) 280aH 3.2 LFP batteries from XUBA right now ???

Thx
The US Government should be buying a bunch and fill up the National Oil Reserves. I mean, they can just print more money to use.

I'd love to get some diesel for under a buck. I'd fill the truck and a couple 5 gallon cans. I could use some right now, but I don't need to fill it up yet and I'm waiting to see where it will stop. A place 12 miles away has Diesel for $0.30 cheaper and the cheap place close to me, normally has the same price. I'll give it a few more days.

Last edited:
Yeah weird right? That # shows up more than once on this forum and google shows 1 link. All I know is what I read from what was written here back in December which I linked to earlier and it makes total sense that these are ganfeng cells. I had a alibaba conversation with a supplier and when I was looking for quotes and told them what I was getting quoted on for EVE 280ah cells, They just laughed at me and said that's not even cost on that cell from EVE. It adds up that these are probably not EVE cells, but it doesn't matter because they've been popular and reliable here on the forum so I bought them anyway.

She even attached a picture of EVE selling the cells to prove she was saying the truth.

dc12a1419a0a5f0e19348c5c32795366.jpg

I tried using Google for 02YCB66710000J8BX0000024 and got nothing that it can find.

The only return for 02YCB66710000J is this forum....

My daughter tried with her iPhone and didn't get a return for the QR Code, either.

Last edited:
If you're using a single bus bars and the screws that they send, you need a spacer so they don't bottom out in the holes and make good contact.
2 of these #14 brass washers are 0.075" thick and does the job. My 4AWG TEMCo cable lugs are the same thickness for the main Pos and Neg terminals. You can get the brass washers here.... I got a couple extra sets, just in case...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/14-Brass-Flat-Washer-4-Pack-811641/204276458

By the way, you can scan the QR code all you want. It won't work like a normal QR code for us. The supplier who TOLD me these were not real EVE cells also said, and I quote "The QR code need to be scanned by professional machine, then can date from making production, will get the information of Voltage, Capacity, resistance,serial no. And so on"

By the way, you can scan the QR code all you want. It won't work like a normal QR code for us. The supplier who TOLD me these were not real EVE cells also said, and I quote "The QR code need to be scanned by professional machine, then can date from making production, will get the information of Voltage, Capacity, resistance,serial no. And so on"
Not so much a professional machine, as much as something that has access to a data base that can reference that QR Code.
At least these cells still have the QR Code on them. Unlike some other cells out there....

Not so much a professional machine, as much as something that has access to a data base that can reference that QR Code.
At least these cells still have the QR Code on them. Unlike some other cells out there....

Great point right?! At least these cells still have QR codes on them. I don't know why everyone's freaking out that these are not EVE cells. They work as advertised so that's all good. But seriously, It's not this is like the first time sales people have ever deceived buyers.

Last edited:
Building (2) 24 volt batteries; it came in 4 separate boxes. Going to use some left over rectangle steel tube (2x4 .120 wall), and some left over sheet metal (18g and some 1/8th inch plate) from a project to construct a rolling cart (similar to a welding cart) and have the batteries in an enclosure and the controller, inverter, ect on the outside of the cart and place a piece of Plexiglas over the top to protect the batteries. So all I will need to do is roll the cart over to the wires that come in from the combiner box and plug those into the charge controller, attach the earth ground and it will be good to go. That's the idea thus far... Going to start building it tomorrow. I'll post some pictures of it when I'm done.
I'd like to see what you come up with when you're done. I have 32 of these coming in a few weeks (x4 24v batteries) and I also have in my possession a recently retired farrier/blacksmith stepfather looking for some meaningful projects. Protection for our batteries would fit that description.

The US Government should be buying a bunch and fill up the National Oil Reserves. I mean, they can just print more money to use.

I'd love to get some diesel for under a buck. I'd fill the truck and a couple 5 gallon cans. I could use some right now, but I don't need to fill it up yet and I'm waiting to see where it will stop. A place 12 miles away has Diesel for $0.30 cheaper and the cheap place close to me, normally has the same price. I'll give it a few more days.

So actually our Strategic reserves are now at 100% ... and we are renting huge ships just to now store the access ... its to the point now that WATER out here costs more than Fuel ... thats all great for the consumer but for the 100's of thousands of oil filed workers and all the people that support them - its going to soon get to a point where they corporate guys will start shutting down operations and letting these guys go ...

Great point right?! At least these cells still have QR codes on them. I don't know why everyone's freaking out that these are not EVE cells. They work as advertised so that's all good. But seriously, It's not this is like the first time sales people have ever deceived buyers.

OK - not trying to freak anyone out -- but many of the Chinese companies have learned that Americans get freaked out if there is NO QR codes on these batteries and simply buy a sheet of QR codes (1000 codes for $1) and NOT activate them or link them to anythng and then slap them on the batteries .. most of the time those are the guys that sell B-GRADE trying to pass them off as A-Grade ... trick is look under the black protector and see if there is another QR code thats been scratched off ... still doesn't mean you have a bad battery -- just a weird seller ...

That does not surprise me. Someone needs to peel the top of their cell.

I'd do it right now but my 8 they're still in a first time charge on a 10A P Supply. 23:45 minutes into it and at 3.312V On the meter @6.7A 3.65V setting.

What gives me some peace of mind is the reputation these cells have proven here already AND it's not like some guy in a garage in China is making these cells. It takes technical machines to produce these things.

OK - not trying to freak anyone out -- but many of the Chinese companies have learned that Americans get freaked out if there is NO QR codes on these batteries and simply buy a sheet of QR codes (1000 codes for $1) and NOT activate them or link them to anythng and then slap them on the batteries .. most of the time those are the guys that sell B-GRADE trying to pass them off as A-Grade ... trick is look under the black protector and see if there is another QR code thats been scratched off ... still doesn't mean you have a bad battery -- just a weird seller ...

That does not surprise me. Someone needs to peel the top of their cell.

I'd do it right now but my 8 they're still in a first time charge on a 10A P Supply. 23:45 minutes into it and at 3.312V On the meter @6.7A 3.65V setting.

What gives me some peace of mind is the reputation these cells have proven here already AND it's not like some guy in a garage in China is making these cells. It takes technical machines to produce these things.
You'll be sitting there for a while and wondering about them. Then sometime between now and 3.4V they will take off and start filling up real fast compared to up to now. My 4 took forever starting at 3.279V. But once they passed the magical point, they were full in about 6 hours.

From my post #384 in this thread...
It was stuck on 3.36xV for the longest time, while I was pumping 10A into them...
12 hours later it was at 3.37xV and rising....
Another six hours and it jumped to 3.56xV and filling up fast....
When they say once you get over 3.4xxV they fill up fast, believe them....
Gonna have to switch out of CC mode real soon.......

Looks like I had the PS setup right, It's at 3.610V and dropped out of CC mode to CV mode... and the amps are dropping fast...

Last edited:
You'll be sitting there for a while and wondering about them. Then sometime between now and 3.4V they will take off and start filling up real fast compared to up to now. My 4 took forever starting at 3.279V. But once they passed the magical point, they were full in about 6 hours.

From my post #384 in this thread...
It was stuck on 3.36xV for the longest time, while I was pumping 10A into them...
12 hours later it was at 3.37xV and rising....
Another six hours and it jumped to 3.56xV and filling up fast....
When they say once you get over 3.4xxV they fill up fast, believe them....
Gonna have to switch out of CC mode real soon.......

Looks like I had the PS setup right, It's at 3.610V and dropped out of CC mode to CV mode... and the amps are dropping fast...
Be careful with your charge!!

I made one look like pillow :oops: :cry:
Long time 3.35...
Just left it on for one other night (not Lifepo4 charger) on probably to high Amperage....
Next time I looked....
IMG_20200412_102500_copy_750x1000.jpg

I peeled off the back to see the QR code, it's printed on it.

I don't have 280, but 48x 152Ah cells
(Or actually 48 good and one puffy 152Ah)
Sold via Haomi :)
Last set I got for 40usd per cell (y)(y)

Transport to Thailand was within 14 days.
A lot faster then expected!

Anyways..
Just be careful with the charging!!

Be careful with your charge!!

I made one look like pillow :oops: :cry:
Long time 3.35...
Just left it on for one other night (not Lifepo4 charger) on probably to high Amperage....
Next time I looked....
View attachment 10778

I peeled off the back to see the QR code, it's printed on it.

I don't have 280, but 48x 152Ah cells
(Or actually 48 good and one puffy 152Ah)
Sold via Haomi :)
Last set I got for 40usd per cell (y)(y)

Transport to Thailand was within 14 days.
A lot faster then expected!

Anyways..
Just be careful with the charging!!
Were you using a Constant Current/ Constant Voltage Power Supply or charger?
On mine, once it crosses a certain point, it switches from CC to CV and the Amps will start to drop pretty fast at the end,
Till it's down to Zero Amps. The first time I was a little worried about that.

I still have to go grab my big LA Battery charger from my storage unit.
That one can throw 40A or 50A and will need closer monitoring.
But even it does start dropping Amps when a battery starts to fill up, or it did on LA batteries in the past.
But it will let me get to the final stage a lot quicker.

My BMS is set to shut off the load at 2.875V for the lowest cell or 11.5V for the whole thing.
I think I may let this test run all the way down and make sure it will cut it off.

Oh wow, is that what CV does? Mine says CV now, how does one change these power units from CV to CA to CV respectively? It sounds like its an automated process? (remember I'm a noob, I just bought this thing), in my new profile pic it says CA but I just checked it, its CV now.

What BMS are you running?

Were you using a Constant Current/ Constant Voltage Power Supply or charger?
On mine, once it crosses a certain point, it switches from CC to CV and the Amps will start to drop pretty fast at the end,
Till it's down to Zero Amps. The first time I was a little worried about that.

My BMS is set to shut off the load at 2.875V for the lowest cell or 11.5V for the whole thing.
I think I may let this test run all the way down and make sure it will cut it off.

Oh wow, is that what CV does? Mine says CV now, how does one change these power units from CV to CA to CV respectively? It sounds like its an automated process? (remember I'm a noob, I just bought this thing), in my new profile pic it says CA but I just checked it, its CV now.

What BMS are you running?
In a proper bench power supply. You cross the leads and set the Amperage to the max you want it.
Then I use my DMM to set the Max Voltage. Because I don't trust the Voltmeter on my PS, it's off by a little bit..
I need to find a schematic for my PS and see if there's a trim pot inside to adjust the volt readout...
It should stay in CC mode up to a your set voltage.....
Then it should automatically switch to CV mode.....
At that point the Amperage will start to drop, all the way down to Zero, if you let it...
When the Amps drop to Zero, you're done charging...

Once you've done it one time it will make more sense to you how it works...

Last edited:
I started my test 04/06 at 11:45pm. I have my BMS set to cut off at 2.875V cell level or 11.5V battery level and I still have some left over.
So far I have 5 days running my fridge/freezer and charging my phone, tablet, and a USB power pack. Once I add Solar and Alternator charging i should be able to go off grid indefinitely on battery power.

04 12BMSscreenshot.jpg

Yeah OK that's the number, those aren't EVE cells. They are from this company apparently.

http://www.ganfengbattery.com/product_en.html
So unless EVE owns these guys, they're not EVE cells.
I'm glad @LukeVader discovered these aren't really EVE cells.
I'm about to make a huge purchase of them (for me over here in the Philippines I'll be borrowing to do it), and learning that this company is misinforming customers about something (not blaming the beloved "Amy" who may just be misinformed by someone in house)... I'm really glad to have this new information.
Now, if I still decide to purchase I can go in with my eyes wide open and if I get bit in the tush years down the road because the quality perception was in part stolen valor from EVE well ... at least I chose to take that risk knowing there was a level of deception present.
So far, only a handful of peeps on the forum have actually reported tests and it's only a handful of cycles.

The fact we were misinformed, it matters... great job researching that! It changes the seller from "pure as the driven snow" status in my mind.

Last edited:
In a proper bench power supply. You cross the leads and set the Amperage to the max you want it.
Then I use my DMM to set the Max Voltage. Because I don't trust the Voltmeter on my PS, it's off by a little bit..
I need to find a schematic for my PS and see if there's a trim pot inside to adjust the volt readout...
It should stay in CC mode up to a your set voltage.....
Then it should automatically switch to CV mode.....
At that point the Amperage will start to drop, all the way down to Zero, if you let it...
When the Amps drop to Zero, you're done charging...

Once you've done it one time it will make more sense to you how it works...

Morning. When I checked my cells this morning they went up .001v lol. Anyway I fiddled with my knobs on the charger and noticed when I turned the amperage down the light changed from CV to CC, When I turned the amps back up it changed the light from CA to CV.
Also I'll ask again, what BMS do you use?
Thanks (y)

Edit: Dang! I also discovered I have a faulty red wire lead. When I touched that it went from 6 to 8 amps then to 4 then to 6. :( so I have it bent under the ps and it's keeping it at 7.4A right now

Last edited:
If these cells are not the EVE 280's that we have been looking at the specifications of, can someone please measure the cells and confirm if they are indeed the same measurements? Including the center to center terminal measurement? Thanks!

diy solar

diy solar
Back