diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

A few of us on the forum were discussing capacity testing and are planning to use these, and in doing so aim to have identical test set-ups:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/8-In-1-150W-180W-Digital_62090055059.html

I've bought this new one, and it arrived fast! (15 days)
For me to Thailand the price was $ 20.99 , free transport.

discharger.jpg

it is 20A, max 180W
and functions as well as can be expected.

I really like the "free gifts" (cables), it makes connecting to batteries more easy.

Sadly just see today that there is also model with BT for roughly the same price range...

discharge2.jpg

Apparently the biggest difference is the heat-sink between the 150 and the 180 watt models.
If you have huge heat-sink in your toolbox, buy the 150W and change it for the largest you can find.
the MOSFET is not the problem, the part that takes away the heat is the restrictive factor.

Maybe some have water-cooling system left over from old computer??
that could boost it up for sure :cool:

Last edited:
CONFIRMATION that These ARE INDEED EVE CELLS !
QR Below:

I had them check two QR Codes one 280Ah and one 50Ah
QR Below:

REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF EVE COMPANY.
The wanted an NDA and Upset that I posted their Verification
Seems they do not want people to know if it is their Cells ?
What the Heck is up with that ? - something stupid obviously happened.
The 280 QR Code
QR-Code.jpg

Attachments

• LF280 (3.2V 280Ah) Product Specification(Version E)-2019.7.5.pdf
    789 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
FOB, EXW, and many other incoterms will give you headache and loads of time lost with paperwork, and probably cost you tons.
unless you are experienced in this field, and have all the right paperwork and connections.

DDP... best way to go.
all costs paid, delivered at your doorstep "without*" any surprises.

* Due to Corona transport is crazy. and there can be huge delays.
if you change anything to speed up the process... be prepared to pay a few hundred $ extra at your doorstep.
If you change, the DDP is no longer valid, you pay double tax, and all the extra's that come with more fast track.
Well I guess the 35 years of being in trucking makes me look at things differently.

QR Below:

So the doubter's and disturbers can go for a hike .

1. You don't have to be so rude about it. Telling people to take a hike when we are all supposed to be helping each other here just makes you look like a sore winner.
2. What email address did you use?
3. When did you email them?

For the record I have not heard anything back on my inquiry from them yet.

Well I guess the 35 years of being in trucking makes me look at things differently.
Like said..
Unless you are experienced in this field...

Importing my excavator into Thailand was quite a roller coaster ride.

I didn't know about DDP then.
It for sure would make things easier.
But..
1200kgs is normally sea freight.
To my knowledge Thailand doesn't have sea DDP system yet.

I am about to make this jump for my very first solar system. This place is so packed with resources that I feel confident (and excited) to get a system up and running.

Based on my browsing so far, it seems that these batteries are the deal to beat at the moment!

Xuba has battery cases available

amy told me today that they found a supplier for the battery cases. They are still waiting for more data to communicate, like dimensions and customisation options.
They will be selling them of the shelves really soon.

I got a case for 8 cells, quoted at $38 / pcs.

1796463119.png

1862121795.png

I think I may have found the perfect case for 4 or 8 of these cells. 4 will use half the case and 8 the whole thing.
It's a Pelican Storm iM2275 and the internal dimensions are 14.12" x 13.19" x 9.90".
I just ordered one and will find out for sure. I'm thinking I may be able to hold my battery and my DC-DC/MPPT in it. With QD for the vehicle and solar cables. I can unplug those and take the rest out as a unit. When it disconnected and closed, it should be water tight, too.

https://www.thecasestore.com/shop/case/medium/storm/im2275-storm-case

FYI- there are a handful of these cases on eBay (open box or similar) for only $50-70, which is quite a bit less than purchasing direct. I got one for $40, don’t even have butteries yet but this does look pretty perfect!

FYI- there are a handful of these cases on eBay (open box or similar) for only $50-70, which is quite a bit less than purchasing direct. I got one for $40, don’t even have butteries yet but this does look pretty perfect!
Yeah, I didn't even think to look on eBay. I just looked on a Google search and that was a cheaper return than other places.

amy told me today that they found a supplier for the battery cases. They are still waiting for more data to communicate, like dimensions and customisation options.

View attachment 11091

View attachment 11092

Will these fit the 280 Ah cells?

8 only or will 16 fit??

I wonder how heavy they are.

Those things tend to be cheaper locally made!!
They look nice, for good price.
Transport might be higher then expected..

It might be that I search from Thailand, but I'm unable to find...

Mostly curious about transport costs!

View attachment 11091

View attachment 11092

I still like my HUSKY boxes from HomeDepot and a role of GorillaTape ... $16.00 .. out the door ... LOL

I think I may have found the perfect case for 4 or 8 of these cells. 4 will use half the case and 8 the whole thing.
It's a Pelican Storm iM2275 and the internal dimensions are 14.12" x 13.19" x 9.90".
I just ordered one and will find out for sure. I'm thinking I may be able to hold my battery and my DC-DC/MPPT in it. With QD for the vehicle and solar cables. I can unplug those and take the rest out as a unit. When it disconnected and closed, it should be water tight, too.

https://www.thecasestore.com/shop/case/medium/storm/im2275-storm-case
I got mine today. Due to the shape of the bottom you will need a 1/2" to 1" spacer to raise the batteries up to fit 8 cells in it. 4 cells fit fine without the spacer. If you do this I think some type of foam would be best. The lid still closes with 4AWG cable lugs on the terminals. If your BMS is about the same thickness as the Smart BMS ones, it should fit between the cells and the front or back of the case. Depending on which way you have them in it. If you do this, I would put it at the handle end. So if you carry the case by the handle you won't crush the BMS.

I got mine today. Due to the shape of the bottom you will need a 1/2" to 1" spacer to raise the batteries up to fit 8 cells in it. 4 cells fit fine without the spacer. If you do this I think some type of foam would be best. The lid still closes with 4AWG cable lugs on the terminals. If your BMS is about the same thickness as the Smart BMS ones, it should fit between the cells and the front or back of the case. Depending on which way you have them in it. If you do this, I would put it at the handle end. So if you carry the case by the handle you won't crush the BMS.
I need to get some .5-1" nylon webbing and loop it under the pack if I want to take the cells out. They would be easier to handle with that. I would limit myself to groups of 4 when putting them in a case. They would be more manageable to handle at that size. I could finish tying them together after I have them in the case.

8 only or will 16 fit??

Yeah, for the 280ah cells.
The one on the picture is for 8 cells. I am not sure if they have got them for 16cells as well..
amy said to keep me posted on it.

8 only or will 16 fit??
I was going to say you could hook 2 boxes together in series for 16, but the BMS wires would be harder to do. It's still doable but not as easy. Maybe use Cat 6 cable to connect the BMS to the 2nd box.

Here's what I'm using for these cells...It's pretty tight in terms of height for the middle cells...but it fits...snug like. These are $60 Canadian (or $42 US) on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-28-Tool-Box/dp/B01FQLX8IS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?dchild=1&keywords=DEWALT+DWST28100+28"+Tool+Box+on+Wheels&qid=1587018550&sr=8-1-fkmr0
View attachment 11122
That looks real good! I just wonder about heat build up with the BMS. I would check it early and often once you have it running just to be safe. Especially under a high load.

Nice. If you guys are shipping surface (boat) often the shipping price won't change so even if you find a good deal elsewhere check if shipping is free otherwise it may still be more economical or close to it to buy from the cells' seller.

QR Below:

So the doubter's and disturbers can go for a hike and stay calm .

As @ghostwriter66 pointed out, if it's like a buck to print out 1000 nice looking stickers, I'm not sure it'd take that much digging to print them out with actual legitimate numbers; ya just end up with 1000's of the same legitimate numbers floating around.
When I lived in the Ukraine, I was also a naive Westerner and was shocked at the lengths that dubious sellers would go through to make things look real. Very often there would even be cooperation with workers at the legitimate company; one person pays another (or gifts some cognac) to a worker for some stickers or whatever; then the stickers are actually 100% real even! Never underestimate the lengths people will go through in poor countries and assuming 1st world ethics when making these transactions is quite naive even if some think ignorance is bliss.
I bet others who live and deal with the 3rd world like @fhorst can attest to this.
Living in Ukraine and now Asia I've become accustomed to investigate thoroughly, especially if a price is too cheap; I find out the level of deception going on and then decide if I'm OK with that. Last year I made a mistake; I bought a big bag of cat food that I knew was too cheap for an import and sure enough some of my cats died (so much for wishful thinking). I was already suspecting that the seller was using a "cloned" bag of the name brand product I was feeding my cats and just putting cheapo whatever inside. These things happen but Westerners aren't usually used to thinking like this when making transactions. There's a pretty sticker on the bag after all or even it's the same bag sold on the side from a factory worker! I was impressed when @Will Prowse in his review of some Titanate cells realized the sticker might just be a fake AH rating;
Digging deeper about these cells from Xuba is not an attack on your honor that you need to want other possible buyers to "take a hike"; the seller is not your best friend from high school you know. @LukeVader 's question about what email you messaged when nobody else got a response I would say should be adjusted to "who gave you the email?"

And no, they aren't doing us a favor by selling to individuals; there is a global economic catastrophe happening right now and companies will make sales anyway they can. So let's please try to consider these things before assuming people are attacking you by critiquing this excellent find.
I'm quite grateful for the find even if I'm not confident they are EVE cells; I'm still interested.

The benefit of a diverse community like this is we can work as a team to evaluate and set expectations appropriately. Please let's not discourage that think tank aspect as a tool here.
Thanks!
-Jeremiah

Hey anyone know if the bolts to connect the bus bars are M4 ? The schematic says so, but I want to be sure before I go and order cable lugs.

Cheers.

Hey anyone know if the bolts to connect the bus bars are M4 ? The schematic says so, but I want to be sure before I go and order cable lugs.

Cheers.
That is an earlier spec sheet and an updated one has been posted many times.

The Terminals are threaded M6, 6mm. Close to 1/4" US.

Page 22 Post 421 has the new spec sheet......

diy solar

diy solar
Back