diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Great idea!

Can you confirm that those are the 280Ah cells?
Yes 280ah...though I got them from Dongguan Lightning Energy...as Xuba was out of theirs when I ordered. They have the exact same code...so I'm pretty sure they are identical.

Last edited:
YEP - thats virtually the same thing I do but using HUSKEY boxes instead -- but the boxes are identical to the DeWalts - heck probably same Chinese factory just with different labels ... GOOD JOB ... BTW - what size are those batteries? They look ever so slightly larger than mine ...
They are 280ah ones....I believe same as the ones from Xuba...they have the exact same code...O2YCB66710000J...I got impatient and ordered them from another supplier (Dongguan Lightning Energy) when Amy ran out...but I'm pretty sure they are identical.

They are 280ah ones....I believe same as the ones from Xuba...they have the exact same code...O2YCB66710000J...I got impatient and ordered them from another supplier (Dongguan Lightning Energy) when Amy ran out...but I'm pretty sure they are identical.

I actually still believe there is only ONE LiFePO4 plant in China and they make it for everyone ... LOL

I actually still believe there is only ONE LiFePO4 plant in China and they make it for everyone ... LOL

Yeah, if it was that easy to setup a plant why wouldn’t someone just do that in the US or elsewhere.?

Never mind, that’s too crazy an idea to ever work! ?

Yeah, if it was that easy to setup a plant why wouldn’t someone just do that in the US or elsewhere.?

Never mind, that’s too crazy an idea to ever work! ?

So we have a pretty good size office in Beijing and I will tell you that these (4) 280aH batteries that we get for $500 delivered and we think is a great deal -- actually runs my teams guys over there about $45-50 a battery IF they don't barter ... and the only reason that they can do that is because the average wage is about 10K USD a year - no unions - no EPA - NO OSHA and the work conditions SUCK ... if we did the same $45 280aH 3.2V battery here in the states it would run easily $250-$300 a piece ... so thats why NO US company (to include BattleBorn) makes the actual energy cell here in the US - they do like we all do - IMPORT the stuff in and through a label on it ..

Has anyone tried the 120 AH ones? The price per AH is very close. I'm a bit skiddish to try them if nobody else on the forum has tried that yet.

A XUBA UPDATE
Dear Steven,
According to your suggestion, I have applied to the boss. For friends in the forum, we will give double bus bars. The boss agreed with my application.
Sorry to disturb you!
Good night!
Amy
She was just following up on my suggestions and got this OK'd from upstairs too. She's already nailed down offering cases which should be posted next week hopefully. IF/When they will carry Chargery BMS' and related hardware I dunno, she's still working on that, but they are in contact with Jason @ Chargery so who knows.

I've been working/dealing with Chinese seller and companies for quite a long time now, even longer with Japanese.

As for Western countries, when you are dealing with Asian countries, think like them!!

Stealing ideas?? No.
Re-use knowledge, improve.
Improvement is not always better quality, can be better profit :)

Honesty... No.
Chinese don't start with the (whole) truth.
If you do, you have nothing left to bargain with.

Bargaining is second nature.
Don't be too direct.

warranty is there up to the moment you have received the goods.
once you confirm, your " 5 year warranty" has been reduced to 5 minutes :)

This is not in anyway intended to be insulting or standard of either westerns or Asian.

Its just different.

If you like the prices of the products, but talk about stealing, in a negative way.....

Then don't buy!
If you don't like how the price get that low...
Buy the expensive ones.
Even then...
Those probably are the cheap ones,just with better marketing :)

That goes for many products, not only lifepo4 cells.

You buy cheap clothes/iPhone, but demonstrate about child labour* or terrible work conditions for the workers in the factories..

*Children should never need to work for a living, except learning at school, what might be considered work also :)
Helping out in the family business is in my opinion "totally normal" and a good way to learn responsibly that life isn't free. School should not be second but first responsibility

Ok, iPhone official no longer have children working... But did for long time.

Just remember, if you want to buy, there is no "wrong" on the seller/producing side.
If you think it should not go that way, don't make the demand for it, and don't buy.

Last edited:
A XUBA UPDATE

She was just following up on my suggestions and got this OK'd from upstairs too. She's already nailed down offering cases which should be posted next week hopefully. IF/When they will carry Chargery BMS' and related hardware I dunno, she's still working on that, but they are in contact with Jason @ Chargery so who knows.
I wish they had those wide bus bars with the little bend in the center like some others come with, as they cover the whole terminals on the cells. As for more of them, I'm using 3 right now and received 4, but had to make a couple of jumpers for my initial parallel charging as I needed 6 for that. I had the used Anderson Powerpoles 120A with 8" of 4AWG in each of them, that I got from BH. So I used those for the 2 extra bus bars I needed.

I've been working/dealing with Chinese seller and companies for quite a long time now, even longer with Japanese.

As for Western countries, when you are dealing with Asian countries, think like them!!

....snip......

warranty is there up to the moment you have received the goods.
once you confirm, your " 5 year warranty" has been refunded to 5 minutes
:)

...snip....

Just remember, if you want to buy, there is no "wrong" on the seller/producing side.
If you think it should not go that way, don't make the demand for it,and don't buy.

Back in my days of working on cars in gas stations, we called that the "Tail Light" warranty....
The warranty was good for as long as we could see the Tail Lights of the car driving away........... :ROFLMAO:

I had to buy 110 Copper Bar Stock for new busbars as I only got singles and the screws provided are too long and bottom out before tightening the bus bars so they had to be doubled anyways, doubled they are fine, "just". I got 110 stock that is the same width but 5mm thick and they work a treat.

I had to buy 110 Copper Bar Stock for new busbars as I only got singles and the screws provided are too long and bottom out before tightening the bus bars so they had to be doubled anyways, doubled they are fine, "just". I got 110 stock that is the same width but 5mm thick and they work a treat.
Just out of curiosity...

The terminals are aluminium, yes?
Then why do most people like to use copper bus bars, and even in the highest quality possible??

Naturally, I understand that 110c have less resistance.
Less resistance is less of the total capacity lost.
But price (here in Thailand) is really high.
Even up to a level one could almost take higher capacity and iron busbar, and at the end of the day have total higher available capacity at lower costs.

I'm also learning here :)

I used #14 Brass Washers to take up the gap. 2 of them is the prefect thickness for this. They are slightly larger than the head of the screws. I got them to use between the flange nuts and the ring terminals, when I switch over to studs instead of the screws. I'm old school and was taught to always use a washer with these types of fasteners. It changes how the torque is applied.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/14-Brass-Flat-Washer-4-Pack-811641/204276458

Just out of curiosity...

The terminals are aluminium, yes?
Then why do most people like to use copper bus bars, and even in the highest quality possible??

Naturally, I understand that 110c have less resistance.
Less resistance is less of the total capacity lost.
But price (here in Thailand) is really high.
Even up to a level one could almost take higher capacity and iron busbar, and at the end of the day have total higher available capacity at lower costs.

I'm also learning here :)
Because of low loss in copper and for the small amount needed, the price in the US is negligible. I'm probably going to buy a short stick of 3/4" copper water pipe and use my hydraulic press and steel plates to press it flat. If you look at how copper cable lugs are made, they start with round tubing and press it into the size shape needed. I could just hammer the pipe flat, but I want it to look nicer than that. 20 tons of pressure should do that easily...

Squeezing it in a 6" bench vise would work too and look better than just hammering it flat.

Is there a reason you can't have your guys buy a few of these cells at the "local price" and have them shipped to you? Or even buy a lot of them?

1. Purchase 8 feet of Half inch copper pipe at Home Depot for something like $5.00
2. Go over to the TX-DOT ppl doing the roadwork on the road by work and ask them if they can take the Billion ton roller and run over it for me
3. Take grinder and cut pieces to size.
4. Perfect BusBar (NO seriously - absolutely excellent)

You can substitute #2 by putting the copper pipe on the road - put a board over it - then drive over it -- flattens like a pancake

Hmm an Oil Company using copper pipe instead of copper stock. Just another BODGE eh... like so many others, fortunately when the batteries go Poof the region isn't contaminated with toxic slugde.

Back