diy solar

diy solar

YouTube WhatsApp Prize

PhG

Hi,
I received a WhatsApp message in the comment section of Will's YouTube channel.
Seems like I won a Bluetti 300AC, but I have to pay for the shipping (150 Euro more or less).
Does anyone have expercience with this ? Is this real or a scam ?

Thnxs !
Greetz,
PhG

I'm afraid it is ! Remarkable how they managed to post this message on Will's YouTube account, without having him
notice this.

wow... almost got me. unfortunately i gave up a little info, but nothing you can't find on google anyway.

Reactions: PhG
wow... almost got me. unfortunately i gave up a little info, but nothing you can't find on google anyway.
Had this happen a couple of times. Thought it was from Will saying to contact him with a text a number. Uses @Will Prowse picture so it seems like it came from him. Today, after a few messages, the scammer says I won a Jackery. That's when I came here to see if there were any posts about it. Didn't even get as far as how to get it shipped and the shipping fee scan.

I don't understand how anyone would fall for this. The username of those profiles is not my channel name. Anyone who uses the internet should be able to figure this out. Anyone can change their profile picture.

I don't understand how anyone would fall for this. The username of those profiles is not my channel name. Anyone who uses the internet should be able to figure this out. Anyone can change their profile picture.
Because people see the picture and think the text number is just the reply number to take the discussion offline. It's obvious to you, but I use the Internet extensively and fell for at least replying. As soon as the "YOU WON ..." showed up , it was pretty obviously a scam. One of the first questions the scammer asks is "What have you achieved so far from my content on my YouTube channel?" so it seems as if "you" are just looking for feedback on your videos.

Back