diy solar

diy solar

100AH Battery for 2000 Watt Inverter?

Rabbit

Most budget LiFePO4 100ah batteries are only equipped with BMS's rated for a 100 amp sustained discharge, which is inadequate to power a 2000 watt inverter especially at low charge levels. I'm well aware that in practice you can pull a lot more than 100 amps from most of these batteries for a surprisingly long time, but... I like to do things right whenever possible. I'm considering buying one of the new Licitti 2000 watt AC battery boxes, which is equipped with a 2000 watt inverter in an enclosed configuration where there appears to be exactly enough room for only one 100ah standard size battery. Does anyone know of a suitable LiFePO4 battery that's both dimensionally standard and can put out, say, 175 or so amps sustained for a reasonable price? Or must I cobble up my own? Thanks!

The limitation isn't just due the BMS. Most cells have a 1C discharge rate, thus 100Ah cells are only rated for 100A discharge.
I note that a lot of solar generators are rated well over 1C, so I was hoping that perhaps a drop in was available that allowed the same. Thanks, though! Much appreciated.

Many solar generators use NMC instead of LFP. NMC cells more commonly have a higher C rate.
Thank you again. No Licitti 2000 for me anytime soon, in that case. I could fit in a prismatic 280ah or so, but basically don't want to go there. It's just not worth the effort and especially the increased fragility.

Back