diy solar

diy solar

12v DIY 280ah battery help

rrleesb

I'm building a 12v 4 cell 280ah battery. I got the cells and BMS from Jenny Wu.

I have it all wired up but the BMS doesn't seem to be operating correctly(or at all). It's a JK-B2A8S20P. I've followed the wiring instructions but I can't connect to bluetooth and it isn't taking/giving current. I have the black wire to battery neg, then sense lead one to the same battery pos, and on down the line with the sense cables on the positive terminals. B- goes to battery neg and P- goes to the output side of the BMS.

It came with a small pushbutton that plugs into the display connector, but having it attached doesn't seem to make a difference and the manual says it does not come with any on/off switch.

I only have the one wire hooked up for testing.

Any ideas where to start?

Attachments

• 20240702_120507 (1).jpg
    20240702_120507 (1).jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240702_120544.jpg
    20240702_120544.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 10
I see two large black wire connections to the negative and one is correctly BMS B- and the other I cannot see where it goes.

The wire diagram shows two small red wires to the battery positive but the picture I only see one. I suspect the second wire is the power to the BMS electronics.

Confirm that the pushbutton is properly connected. If the BMS is supposed to power on with the pushbutton, try holding it down for a few seconds to see if it activates the BMS.

Also you don’t need that button plugged in/working to turn it on. A quality DMM will turn it on in diode testing mode and the leads touched to the P B terminals.

diy solar

diy solar
Back