diy solar

diy solar

24 volt to 12 volt

Jasond

Sorry if this has already been answered. I want to ground deploy 2 100 watt panels using a contractor grade 10awg, 50ft extension cord back to my trailer. I have a Victron 100 I 30.
Question: what (suggestions) and where in my system would I put the required component? I prefer to keep everything 12v.

Sorry if this has already been answered. I want to ground deploy 2 100 watt panels using a contractor grade 10awg, 50ft extension cord back to my trailer. I have a Victron 100 I 30.
Question: what (suggestions) and where in my system would I put the required component? I prefer to keep everything 12v.
You're question isn't clear. What required component are you asking about?

If you look at the blueprints for the minimalist (LInk on the top right). THat will get you a started.

You will need a Solar Charge COntroller to regulate the high voltage going in the trailer.

You're question isn't clear. What required component are you asking about?
Sorry. 12v panels wired in series to lower the overall amps for the distance. I need a 24v to 12v converte. Where would I install this component in my system to keep everything else 12v?

So you have 24V battery system and want to convert 24V to 12V for running 12V loads?
If you are running 24V system, you need to use at least two panels in series since the PV input Voltage need to be 5V above the battery Voltage.
Are you going to have inverter as well?

Sorry. 12v panels wired in series to lower the overall amps for the distance. I need a 24v to 12v converte. Where would I install this component in my system to keep everything else 12v?
What makes you think you need a 24 to 12 converter? Before you answer that, tell me more about the victron 100/30 you have.

So you have 24V battery system and want to convert 24V to 12V for running 12V loads?
If you are running 24V system, you need to use at least two panels in series since the PV input Voltage need to be 5V above the battery Voltage.
Are you going to have inverter as well?
I have a 12v battery system. I want to lower the amps from the ground deployed panels to scc. Smaller gauge wire.

What makes you think you need a 24 to 12 converter? Before you answer that, tell me more about the victron 100/30 you have.
First off, I’m new to all this.
My battery is 12v. I want to lower the amps from the ground deployed panels to my sc.
What do you want to know about the victron 100/30?

I have a 12v battery system. I want to lower the amps from the ground deployed panels to scc. Smaller gauge wire.
The charge controller will handle that. No need for another converter. I dont know the actual specs, but pretty sure the victron 100/30 means it will take up to 100v input and output up to 30a for charging. Do confirm that by looking over the specs. This means you can put several panels in series to supply power to that controller. No worries about being new. We were all new at some point.

I think I understand your question better. But. Will the Victron 100/30 change the output voltage from the 2 12v panels wired in series to 12v??

I think I understand your question better. But. Will the Victron 100/30 change the output voltage from the 2 12v panels wired in series to 12v??
And there is the other reason I asked for the specs ;). pretty sure the answer is yes, but lets just make sure. You can find those specs on the victron website. google will probably bring them up.

The SCC will take the PV input Voltage from the panels, up to 100VDC in this case, and down converts it to lower Voltage and high current, up to 30A, to charge the batteries.

Place your panels , run your cable to the trailer and install some kind of plug / socket arrangement e.g. Anderson to enter RV. Next place the SCC as near as possible to the RV battery and connect with suitable cabling. Once the Victron senses the battery voltage i.e. 12v , plug in your Anderson connector and you should be in business.

Back