diy solar

diy solar

40 Panels

At 500 feet you'll want to run a cc that will take a high voltage (500v or more) so you can keep the voltage drop (losses) down in the wires connecting the array and cc.

Give some thought to placement of the array. You may have more options than you think. The “middle” 5-8 hours of sun are most productive. Getting closer has advantages.

More detail on your location and plans would help.

Give some thought to placement of the array. You may have more options than you think. The “middle” 5-8 hours of sun are most productive. Getting closer has advantages.

More detail on your location and plans would help.
I’m in southern Texas, probably not to far from you haha.

What about the EG4 MPPT100-48HV?
I have a pair, my array is 420 feet away and the EG4 units work great after updating the firmware. I've been running one since July, the other since August.

Be aware these will not communicate with the rest of your system, only EG4 batteries. Not a big deal unless you want to obtain and store data from PV.

40 panels would require 5 units. You can run 8S per MPPT. These are single PV input. Are you certain you gave the right specs because it doesn't make sense? 47.7V x 18A would certainly be some large panels. If instead you have 47.7V x 9A= 430W

Be aware the EG4 unit is rated at 5500W. I do not recommend over paneling these units. I've seen mine pull 4.3Kw all day from 4.2Kw of panels and 5.1Kw with cloud edge effect.

I have a pair, my array is 420 feet away and the EG4 units work great after updating the firmware. I've been running one since July, the other since August.

Be aware these will not communicate with the rest of your system, only EG4 batteries. Not a big deal unless you want to obtain and store data from PV.

40 panels would require 5 units. You can run 8S per MPPT. These are single PV input. Are you certain you gave the right specs because it doesn't make sense? 47.7V x 18A would certainly be some large panels. If instead you have 47.7V x 9A= 430W

Be aware the EG4 unit is rated at 5500W. I do not recommend over paneling these units. I've seen mine pull 4.3Kw all day from 4.2Kw of panels and 5.1Kw with cloud edge effect.

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to post links so I’ll just leave the model number of the panels.

BSM700PMB6-70SDC

They’re “manufactured” by bluesun I’m not sure if they’re the original or not.

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to post links so I’ll just leave the model number of the panels.

BSM700PMB6-70SDC

They’re “manufactured” by bluesun I’m not sure if they’re the original or not.
Looks like up to a whopping 23.5 A with max bifacial gain:
Screenshot_20231124_191318_Chrome.jpg

700W bifacial panel, that is some serious panel. 40 panels- 28Kw. You plan on powering a small city? :LOL:

Probably end up with 7S per string so it would take 6 of the EG4 MPPT's. You might sneak by with 8S which is 5600W but you would probably lose most of the bifacial gain plus these only output 100A so that limits what you can put in. Might see some clipping at 7S on the bifacial gain but should work.

Here is another thread with the same panels. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/isc-on-deye-6kw-with-bluesun-700w.55715/

700W bifacial panel, that is some serious panel. 40 panels- 28Kw. You plan on powering a small city? :LOL:

Probably end up with 7S per string so it would take 6 of the EG4 MPPT's. You might sneak by with 8S which is 5600W but you would probably lose most of the bifacial gain plus these only output 100A so that limits what you can put in. Might see some clipping at 7S on the bifacial gain but should work.

Here is another thread with the same panels. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/isc-on-deye-6kw-with-bluesun-700w.55715/
Haha.

I guess the EG4 MPPT are going to be the most practical option.

Thanks for all the info.

Haha.

I guess the EG4 MPPT are going to be the most practical option.

Thanks for all the info.
I run the pair and very impressed. These do make some noise due to the fans. Mine are in my basement below the bathroom and I can hear the fans singing at peak sun if I listen for them.

For the price point and specs, these are certainly one of the best options out there.

Back