diy solar

diy solar

6000XP Breakers. Explanation needed...

And a breaker at each AIO
In the case of the 6000XP, you have that built-in, correct?

And if using multiple batteries in parallel, are you suggesting either another breaker or fuse close to the battery busbar (assuming more than (2) batteries and the use of a busbar)?

Close to each battery.
Sorry, I should have clarified... if using rack mount batteries with their own breaker, would you still use a fuse/breaker for the whole pack? Or does the breaker in the 6000XP cover that?

Sorry, I should have clarified... if using rack mount batteries with their own breaker, would you still use a fuse/breaker for the whole pack? Or does the breaker in the 6000XP cover that?
The battery and XP breakers should have everything covered.

I’m connecting 2 X 6000XP’s to a stack of 4 X Ruixu batteries installed in their rack connected via a bus bar. These batteries do not have circuit breakers on them, other than what the BMS provides.

I was looking at 2 scenarios:

1 - Running a single cable from the rack to a wireway where I would use a bus bar to send DC to each of the 6000XP’s. I think the math says:
  • (6000 X 2) = 12000 watts. Divide by .95 for efficiency. 12000/.95/48 = 263A - So a 275Amp fuse. Is that correct?
  • Not sure if 4/0 satisfies this need. Suggestions?
2- Run two cables from the battery rack bus bar. One to each inverter. I think the math says
  • 6000/.95/48 = 131 - So a 150Amp fuse
  • I think 2/0 cable does satisfy this need. Does that make sense
I would plan to put these fuses at the battery rack.

The cable run would be approximately 20 ft in both scenarios.

Appreciated the help!

I'm still new at this, I would think #1 scenario with a 300 amp OCP at the rack pos buss bar, 4/0 from there to buss bars (pos and neg) then from bb's, 2/0 to each inverter. Should the 2/0 lines be fused?

Back