diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

Hi Dhowman, I'm in Oceanside too.
The short but admittedly complex answer to your question is that sellers value their reputation. Its easier than a buyer thinks to screw over a seller. You can play hardball, but really you have both been screwed over by the incompetence of Fedex. The seller undoubtedly feels that they have been screwed over by Fedex and by sending you what you want they then additionally risk being screwed over by you. If you keep the dispute open they stand to be worse off than they already are. As a seller myself, I would never, ever try to help out a buyer who had already started the process of damaging my reputation. If I'm going to have to live with the damage of an open dispute, I sure as hell won't send even more items to the buyer. Its a matter of mutual trust and cooperation. Fedex has caused the problem, but because they are big and don't care they have passed the buck and are making buyer and seller jump through their hoops. To understand it, if you honestly do not, try putting yourself in the sellers shoes: you paid them, they sent out the items you wanted, Fedex lost some of the shipment and maybe won't provide compensation, you opened a dispute against the seller for the entire amount. For them its a lose/lose transaction. Why should they send out more stuff? Try playing hardball with Fedex instead - it just can't be done. Good luck. If you have, and rebuild, a good rapport with the seller, they will help you out. If you don't then they will likely think you are just another buyer trying to play hardball, and while they may not want to go thru a dispute, they can live with it. Opening a dispute shows them they can not trust you, and that you will harm them if you don't get what you want even if its not their fault. Who needs customers like that?

Hi Dhowman, I'm in Oceanside too.
The short but admittedly complex answer to your question is that sellers value their reputation. Its easier than a buyer thinks to screw over a seller. You can play hardball, but really you have both been screwed over by the incompetence of Fedex. The seller undoubtedly feels that they have been screwed over by Fedex and by sending you what you want they then additionally risk being screwed over by you. If you keep the dispute open they stand to be worse off than they already are. As a seller myself, I would never, ever try to help out a buyer who had already started the process of damaging my reputation. If I'm going to have to live with the damage of an open dispute, I sure as hell won't send even more items to the buyer. Its a matter of mutual trust and cooperation. Fedex has caused the problem, but because they are big and don't care they have passed the buck and are making buyer and seller jump through their hoops. To understand it, if you honestly do not, try putting yourself in the sellers shoes: you paid them, they sent out the items you wanted, Fedex lost some of the shipment and maybe won't provide compensation, you opened a dispute against the seller for the entire amount. For them its a lose/lose transaction. Why should they send out more stuff? Try playing hardball with Fedex instead - it just can't be done. Good luck. If you have, and rebuild, a good rapport with the seller, they will help you out. If you don't then they will likely think you are just another buyer trying to play hardball, and while they may not want to go thru a dispute, they can live with it. Opening a dispute shows them they can not trust you, and that you will harm them if you don't get what you want even if its not their fault. Who needs customers like that?
I've made it quite clear to BLS that I'm happy with them so far ...

I'm sorry that FedEx has caused this problem and, believe me, I know it is a problem for both of us. I want you to know that I have been very happy with BLS so far. Not so happy with FedEx though. I hope you have better luck with them than I did. Thank you.

however ...

Oh wait. You need me to cancel the dispute BEFORE you send the new cells? Why is that needed? I confess, the Aliexpress dispute process is very confusing and now I am even more confused. I received an email about this order that stated it would be "about to finish" since it was delivered on time. It looked like the window I could file a dispute would close, so I opened one even though I only just contacted you about the problem. The dispute would be resolved with shipment of the 4 cells. A tracking number would confirm that this has happened. That seems to be the order it would need to work, is it not? I hope that makes sense.

My intent is not to damage their reputation. It is just to get the batteries. If they're telling me that they will ship this week, why the hurry to have me close my dispute and require that I do so before they'll ship them? Just seems odd or maybe I'm just missing something.

The way I look at these kinds of things: seller's chosen a method of delivering their product and partners w a shipper. If the shipper's delinquent, then it's the seller's responsibility to address that with them and make choices that reflect best on their business, which includes their shipper.

I would be happy to cancel my dispute based on verbal assurance they will be shipped soon, but ONLY if I still have recourse at my disposal if those assurances fall flat. Email from Ali seemed to indicate that this is the correct timing and path to take if something's gone awry. If I'm wrong, I would be happy to have someone explain to me how it SHOULD work in this circumstance.

I'm less concerned about hurting BLS's feelings or briefly dinging their reputation (by way of the opened dispute) or even driving them away from wanting to do business with me in the future than I am about getting stuck with $1700 of LFP cells that I can't use.

FWIW, the wrong busbars came with the order in one of the boxes I did receive. One on the left is the advertised one. One on the right are what I got.
1586872894301.png
I needed extra so I bought 11 of the left-kind. Can't mix these 2 on my bank and the ones on the right don't even contact the entire terminal.
1586873101988.png
1586873161611.png

They said the "busbar factory could not produce normally in February, so we have to use this scheme." Told 'em I can't use them and they're not the busbars advertised to come with these cells. They said they'll ship me 16 more of the yellow ones.

So, I'm happy so long as all these things are done. And the only way I can see to insuring they're done is to stick to my guns so to speak. Who would give those up just because seller asks them to? I'll put 'em down if I know I can pick 'em up again though.

I've made it quite clear to BLS that I'm happy with them so far ...

I'm sorry that FedEx has caused this problem and, believe me, I know it is a problem for both of us. I want you to know that I have been very happy with BLS so far. Not so happy with FedEx though. I hope you have better luck with them than I did. Thank you.

however ...

Oh wait. You need me to cancel the dispute BEFORE you send the new cells? Why is that needed? I confess, the Aliexpress dispute process is very confusing and now I am even more confused. I received an email about this order that stated it would be "about to finish" since it was delivered on time. It looked like the window I could file a dispute would close, so I opened one even though I only just contacted you about the problem. The dispute would be resolved with shipment of the 4 cells. A tracking number would confirm that this has happened. That seems to be the order it would need to work, is it not? I hope that makes sense.

My intent is not to damage their reputation. It is just to get the batteries. If they're telling me that they will ship this week, why the hurry to have me close my dispute and require that I do so before they'll ship them? Just seems odd or maybe I'm just missing something.

The way I look at these kinds of things: seller's chosen a method of delivering their product and partners w a shipper. If the shipper's delinquent, then it's the seller's responsibility to address that with them and make choices that reflect best on their business, which includes their shipper.

I would be happy to cancel my dispute based on verbal assurance they will be shipped soon, but ONLY if I still have recourse at my disposal if those assurances fall flat. Email from Ali seemed to indicate that this is the correct timing and path to take if something's gone awry. If I'm wrong, I would be happy to have someone explain to me how it SHOULD work in this circumstance.

I'm less concerned about hurting BLS's feelings or briefly dinging their reputation (by way of the opened dispute) or even driving them away from wanting to do business with me in the future than I am about getting stuck with $1700 of LFP cells that I can't use.

FWIW, the wrong busbars came with the order in one of the boxes I did receive. One on the left is the advertised one. One on the right are what I got.

I needed extra so I bought 11 of the left-kind. Can't mix these 2 on my bank and the ones on the right don't even contact the entire terminal.

~pics snipped!~

They said the "busbar factory could not produce normally in February, so we have to use this scheme." Told 'em I can't use them and they're not the busbars advertised to come with these cells. They said they'll ship me 16 more of the yellow ones.

So, I'm happy so long as all these things are done. And the only way I can see to insuring they're done is to stick to my guns so to speak. Who would give those up just because seller asks them to? I'll put 'em down if I know I can pick 'em up again though.
I wonder if THEY (BLS) Knows that there is a LONG THREAD running on them and that there is OVER 18,000 VIEWS on It? And that Every Action they take has an Equal Counter Action which will have a deleterious affect on THEIR Business as a result of their own Doings or lack thereof ? Maybe mention to them that 18,000 active viewers are watching this thread and their own actions will determine things for themselves. YES the Courier IS AT FAULT but the BLS Companies actions are not without Concern either.

When I deal with these Vendors, I MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM UP FRONT That I am reviewing THEM and THEIR PRODUCTS and posted about it on THIS FORUM and I point out that THIS FORUM is Run by YouTube Reviewer Mr Will Prowse and I give them links to Wills YT Cannel and THIS Forum. THEY HATE BEING EXPOSED - Like having them chuck a moon out the back window of a car travelling at 100 MPH through a Locust Swarm. GUESS WHAT ! Some Vendors KNOW WHO WILL PROWSE IS ! A Few have Acknowledged they also KNOW "this Forum" (I've had stuff they saw on here pointed out to me) and I'm not talking about Amy @ Xuba either.

As an "Individual" I can only relate & write about how I am treated, how they have doe business with "me" and what my findings are about the product they shipped out to me. IF / WHEN a Company "Piddles in my Soup" I let Folks KNOW and that HITS their Business... ShunBin LEARNED that lesson but now they are back on Amazon & eBay flogging their crap again and the ShunBin thread here is now dormant more or less.

Rule of Three Applied: Everyone get's 3 chances to make things right, there is NEVER a 4th chance ! If a Vendor / Supplier lies or misleads it's an automatic 4th, they are S.O.L. and Everyone hears about it,, Knows about and an choose whether or not to do business with them.

Just something to Ponder Upon.
Steve

I wonder if THEY (BLS) Knows that there is a LONG THREAD running on them and that there is OVER 18,000 VIEWS on It? And that Every Action they take has an Equal Counter Action which will have a deleterious affect on THEIR Business as a result of their own Doings or lack thereof ? Maybe mention to them that 18,000 active viewers are watching this thread and their own actions will determine things for themselves. YES the Courier IS AT FAULT but the BLS Companies actions are not without Concern either.

When I deal with these Vendors, I MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM UP FRONT That I am reviewing THEM and THEIR PRODUCTS and posted about it on THIS FORUM and I point out that THIS FORUM is Run by YouTube Reviewer Mr Will Prowse and I give them links to Wills YT Cannel and THIS Forum. THEY HATE BEING EXPOSED - Like having them chuck a moon out the back window of a car travelling at 100 MPH through a Locust Swarm. GUESS WHAT ! Some Vendors KNOW WHO WILL PROWSE IS ! A Few have Acknowledged they also KNOW "this Forum" (I've had stuff they saw on here pointed out to me) and I'm not talking about Amy @ Xuba either.

As an "Individual" I can only relate & write about how I am treated, how they have doe business with "me" and what my findings are about the product they shipped out to me. IF / WHEN a Company "Piddles in my Soup" I let Folks KNOW and that HITS their Business... ShunBin LEARNED that lesson but now they are back on Amazon & eBay flogging their crap again and the ShunBin thread here is now dormant more or less.

Rule of Three Applied: Everyone get's 3 chances to make things right, there is NEVER a 4th chance ! If a Vendor / Supplier lies or misleads it's an automatic 4th, they are S.O.L. and Everyone hears about it,, Knows about and an choose whether or not to do business with them.

Just something to Ponder Upon.
Steve
There was one case recently. A poster was asking about how his deal was being listed on Alibaba and that it wasn't listed as DDP. Someone must have been tracking the Forums, because BOOM it all got fixed real fast.

I wonder if THEY (BLS) Knows that there is a LONG THREAD running on them and that there is OVER 18,000 VIEWS on It? And that Every Action they take has an Equal Counter Action which will have a deleterious affect on THEIR Business as a result of their own Doings or lack thereof ? Maybe mention to them that 18,000 active viewers are watching this thread and their own actions will determine things for themselves.
The corollary is that if they pull through and result is a satisfied customer, well, that could translate into much more sales. I'm not going to hold it over their heads presently. I understand things are tough right now and the busbar factory rationale seems legit. They get a pass if they send me what I thought I was going to get. A pass too on the missing cells as long as they, in fact, resend them this week. Hopefully I'll be writing a glowing review of how good they were to work with, even in these challenging times, and it ends well for both of us.

Ohh ... FedEx, on the other hand, gets no reprieve in any of this. Hope none of you ever have to deal with them over a lost package. Talking to a human takes an inhuman effort. Once you get one they could care less. They will mix up whose case they created and call back someone else with an update on their search for your package. When you point this out to them (4X!!) nothing changes. When you finally realize that they, in fact, don't have your correct #, they enter it but can't remove any of the other ones that aren't correct. When they realize the previous person you talked to sent the trace request to the wrong facility, they will "fix it." But then the next person you talk to will say the same thing about the trace request the last person you talked to "corrected." They are MISERABLE at this part of their business IMHO.

:mad:Hey FedEx! Are you reading this??:mad:
(Case #0407410122 ... read it and weep)

Ohh ... FedEx, on the other hand, gets no reprieve in any of this. Hope none of you ever have to deal with them over a lost package. Talking to a human takes an inhuman effort. Once you get one they could care less. They will mix up whose case they created and call back someone else with an update on their search for your package. When you point this out to them (4X!!) nothing changes. When you finally realize that they, in fact, don't have your correct #, they enter it but can't remove any of the other ones that aren't correct. When they realize the previous person you talked to sent the trace request to the wrong facility, they will "fix it." But then the next person you talk to will say the same thing about the trace request the last person you talked to "corrected." They are MISERABLE at this part of their business IMHO.

:mad:Hey FedEx! Are you reading this??:mad:
(Case #0407410122 ... read it and weep)
i don't know that my shipment was ever on FedEx equipment until it cleared Customs.
I do know, by the labeling, it came to LAX on a Korean Air airplane...
For all I know, it could have been all "sub-contractors" up to that point....
FedEx is still the responsible party, but I don't know the rest of it..

Your 4 boxes could have gotten split up at any of those steps and only three made it back together.
All my personal Air Freight knowledge comes from 30+ years ago, when I worked out of the Local Teamsters hiring hall..

i don't know that my shipment was ever on FedEx equipment until it cleared Customs.
I do know, by the labeling, it came to LAX on a Korean Air airplane...
For all I know, it could have been all "sub-contractors" up to that point....
FedEx is still the responsible party, but I don't know the rest of it..

Your 4 boxes could have gotten split up at any of those steps and only three made it back together.
All my personal Air Freight knowledge comes from 30+ years ago, when I worked out of the Local Teamsters hiring hall..
Nope, FedEx lost it ... 40 miles from my house. I'd start a door to door search if it wasn't for this dang Covid-19! ;)

Nope, FedEx lost it ... 40 miles from my house. I'd start a door to door search if it wasn't for this dang Covid-19! ;)

@Dhowman .. sorry for being late on replying to your message -- trying to find a place to hid 40,000,000 gallons of oil a day seems to be a little harder then most ppl thought -- its got to the point where i literally think ppl could just come out here and we would give them gas for free ... ANYWAY .... One of the MAIN reasons that they want you to cancel your dispute with ALIEXPRESS about them prior to sending out the batteries is that ALIEXPRESS keeps statistics on how many disputes are started .. in the Chinese world DISPUTES are bad and embarrassing and they will do virtual ANYTHING to keep you from filing one.... of course you know this BUT at some point very quickly you simply get your CC company involved and that clears all of this up instantly .. or at least it has for me and ppl out here ... because either the ship you a new set of missing batteries OR they lose the money .. Haven't read through all the posts BUT I would simply tell them that you will cancel the dispute BUT either they SHIP now or you will go to your CC card company and not only leave detailed negative reviews on the ALIEXPRESS website BUT also this one (and point them to this website) ...

To ramble a little more -- something like this happened to a friend of my earlier and about 100 of us all got on the AliExpress site and sent them a message that what they were doing to our friend was wrong and that we would let the entire world know ... 24 hours later he had a TRACKING number and a huge apology ... maybe all 18,000 of us should do the same for you ... ??!!

To ramble a little more -- something like this happened to a friend of my earlier and about 100 of us all got on the AliExpress site and sent them a message that what they were doing to our friend was wrong and that we would let the entire world know ... 24 hours later he had a TRACKING number and a huge apology ... maybe all 18,000 of us should do the same for you ... ??!!
LOL. Thanks @ghostwriter66 ... hopefully moot at this point. Would hate to be on the receiving end of one of those mail-stroms. New cells and busbars have been shipped. BLS? So far, so good. They just needed a little encouragement. For your reading pleasure:

BLS:
We think 398.76 US dollars is the correct amount of dispute, not 1595.06

Me:
As I communicated above, I ordered 16 cells. I did not receive 16 cells. I received 12 that I cannot use without the additional 4. I supplied an amount that represented what I would need to be refunded should I not, ultimately, be able to get 4 more. Until I can confirm that those 4 have been shipped, I am "out" the amount I provided in the dispute.

BLS:
OK
4PCS 150AH+16PCS BUSBARS FEDEX: [new tracking # here]
Sent, Please cancel the dispute, thank you

Me:
Oh, thank you. That is good news. Can you provide that resolution on the dispute itself? I apologize if I don't understand how that is supposed to work, but it looks like there is a place for you to provide this information for me to close it, which I will be MORE than happy to do!
I am on a forum where I have asked if this is the correct process. It seems the answer is yes. You can read about my experience so far, and with FedEx, if you care to. I am looking forward to writing a happy ending when cells and busbars arrive. Again, thank you and good luck!
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/alibaba-lifepo4-batteries.90/post-64985

BLS:
It may take you 35-40 days. It is very slow now, but we will build warehouses in the United States in the future, so our service capability will be greatly improved. Regarding disputes, I suggest you cancel them. If you lose a box of goods, your appeal is to return all the money, which is unfair to us. If you are not willing to cancel, we will refuse your dispute, then AliExpress will be arbitrated. We always have a good reputation. We are willing to think about problems from the standpoint of customers!

Me:
I understand completely, as I hope my post reflects, and I appreciate your attention here. Your communication has been VERY good. And I know it is NOT your fault. But you cannot post this resolution (above) with the new tracking number on the dispute before I close it?

BLS:
No problem, we will respond to your dispute and upload the certificate that we have shipped

Me:
Excellent. Thank you very much. I wish you all well there.

BLS:
[Shake Hands] wish you and your family good health

Me:
Dispute has been cancelled. Thank you ... and very much looking forward to arrival of your US Warehouse!

BLS:
Thank you very much for your understanding and trust. The Us warehouse should be very fast. Maybe two months later, we can deal with problems like yours quickly, our customers don't need to wait for a long time, now the logistics problem is too disappointing.

@Dhowman well done. BLS KNOWS what DIYSolarForum is and if they don't by now I would be genuinely shocked. Enough folks have bought from them as a result of seeing reviews, writeups & experiences on here.

When WE are dealt with equitably & appropriately it is acknowledged and actually a Selling Point for the Vendors.
When WE get shafted one way or another, WE TELL !
I happen to KNOW for a fact, that some companies that screwed over people which reported here took sales hits IMMEDIATELY afterwards. Did they learn ? Some yes, some no. Ironically, one "Smart-A**" Vendor had the brass to say to me that if it's not Facebook they don't care because FacePox is the only one that can hurt their reputation.... Fool has no idea that folks are abandoning FacePox as IT is a Pandemic Virus as well. We may have a LOT of members but we have even more Viewers & Followers who are not members.

TO ANYONE Buying Products on Ali*, eBay, Amazon even...
Make sure you TELL THE VENDOR you are a member of DIYSolarForum and that you will be doing your own personal Review & Experience with their company & products. If Product X was recommended / suggested or reviewed here and that made you decide to buy Product X from Vendor Y, tell them that too, so they KNOW that a positive review etc referred you to them.
IT WORKS ! and puts the onus on them to be "Good Citizens".

@Dhowman well done. BLS KNOWS what DIYSolarForum is and if they don't by now I would be genuinely shocked. Enough folks have bought from them as a result of seeing reviews, writeups & experiences on here.

When WE are dealt with equitably & appropriately it is acknowledged and actually a Selling Point for the Vendors.
When WE get shafted one way or another, WE TELL !
I happen to KNOW for a fact, that some companies that screwed over people which reported here took sales hits IMMEDIATELY afterwards. Did they learn ? Some yes, some no. Ironically, one "Smart-A**" Vendor had the brass to say to me that if it's not Facebook they don't care because FacePox is the only one that can hurt their reputation.... Fool has no idea that folks are abandoning FacePox as IT is a Pandemic Virus as well. We may have a LOT of members but we have even more Viewers & Followers who are not members.

TO ANYONE Buying Products on Ali*, eBay, Amazon even... Make sure you TELL THE VENDOR you are a member of DIYSolarForum and that you will be doing your own personal Review & Experience with their company & products. If Product X was recommended / suggested or reviewed here and that made you decide to buy Product X from Vendor Y, tell them that too, so they KNOW that a positive review etc referred you to them.
IT WORKS ! and puts the onus on them to be "Good Citizens".

Yeah my Chinese is a little rough BUT i did learn how to say early on to many of these vendors that YOU screw with me i will bascially 我將把你的屁股燒焦 in about 3 Chinese dialects ... It roughly translates to - I will go fricking Armegeddon on your ass -- or something close that that ... :unsure:

Yeah my Chinese is a little rough BUT i did learn how to say early on to many of these vendors that YOU screw with me i will bascially 我將把你的屁股燒焦 in about 3 Chinese dialects ... It roughly translates to - I will go fricking Armegeddon on your ass -- or something close that that ... :unsure:
Ohhh My... I could use YOUR Armageddon Mode right now ! DHL is trying to hit me for $383.00 for Duties & Taxes on $32.00 for of Masks, damned fraudulent bunch of MOFO's... THEY deserve a good DOSE Armageddon ! I can't believe I am about to write this but FEDEX just nudge up a level beyond DHL and that's severe as Fedex is the crappiest courier there is.

Literally

>l a u g h i n g o u t l o u d<​

The emoticon for that, I felt, just didn't do my reaction to this justice.
And precisely why I posed the question to you first.

A handy pocket reference for me, if not just an amusing read. Any rec's for a Chinese version?
1587154037177.png

Last summer I wanted to return a hybrid wind/solar SCC that I purchased from eBay. eBay way very cooperative through the resolution process but I kept having to explain my reasons for returning the product to a variety of individuals from "The China Company", via email. They spoke, (typed), horrible English. After sending me some weirdly veiled threat showing me my own IP address number, I eventually got my money back and nobody wanted the product returned so I ended up with that too! Ahhh the joy of living in a nation where the main products produced are debt, unemployment, litigation, obesity, medical bills, Bling bling and spectator sports worship.

Last summer I wanted to return a hybrid wind/solar SCC that I purchased from eBay. eBay way very cooperative through the resolution process but I kept having to explain my reasons for returning the product to a variety of individuals from "The China Company", via email. They spoke, (typed), horrible English. After sending me some weirdly veiled threat showing me my own IP address number, I eventually got my money back and nobody wanted the product returned so I ended up with that too! Ahhh the joy of living in a nation where the main products produced are debt, unemployment, litigation, obesity, medical bills, Bling bling and spectator sports worship.
From what I have read, PayPal is your best protection when using eBay. That most time they side with the buyer. But I have never needed to use it, so I have no 1st hand knowledge in the matter.

Back